Save the Swimmer

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
CandyYAHFT

Re: Save the Swimmer

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:29 am

WTF!!!
it took me 2 hours but finally I solved it, it requires two cells inserted but its one genome, it turned to be something totally different than I spected, but seriously totally different.

It sustains a well initial population, of 120 or so, but reaches its top equilibrium at 650h where it keeps a flowing 260-270 with minimal variation, and of course I'm excited now... Until one of you max out the substrate... Then I'll be more excited :mrgreen: ;)
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Megathosto

Post by Megathosto » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Complete it. This is hard. Need a good luck for a try and error like me. Whenever i wanna try my genome, i need to reload the plate if it failed getting food. Got only 130-250. Also my smart swimmer lay egg and carry it along while hunting for food.and when the egg got lucky and contact with food, it will hatch. It accidently happen but that gave me new understanding about organism behavior.
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Post by Reaper Elite » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Think this could turn into a in-game challenge ?
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Only Petter can answer that one. ;)

Personally, for genetic modification, I prefer Alast's other challenge over this one: Avodiance III: Infection. You should check it out if you haven't. :)
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:54 pm

I think the game is quite saturated with very difficult challenges :-) So I don't think this will make it into the game. Plus I have to agree with bwisialo. I too think that Avoidance III: Infection overall is probably the better ine if you compare these 2 directly. However, Save the Swimmer has its own charm and I'm happy to see more than just the usual 1 player enjoys it ;-)

Finally I'd like to add that I think you should check out all the user created challenges out there. There is quite some pretty cool stuff!
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Alast wrote:Finally I'd like to add that I think you should check out all the user created challenges out there. There is quite some pretty cool stuff!
Couldn't agree more. :) If you want additional challenges, there are plenty of great ones right here!
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Megathosto wrote:Complete it. This is hard. Need a good luck for a try and error like me. Whenever i wanna try my genome, i need to reload the plate if it failed getting food. Got only 130-250. Also my smart swimmer lay egg and carry it along while hunting for food.and when the egg got lucky and contact with food, it will hatch. It accidently happen but that gave me new understanding about organism behavior.
I think using lipocyte eggs could help you a lot in improving your organism.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Megathosto

Post by Megathosto » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:39 pm

might not possible cause i used all 7 generation of virus. so if i want to change the egg to lipo, i need to recreate the genome. also, I think lipo egg might not be nessasary because the food chunk size.

also i have made some improvement and now it can maintain 250-350 cell.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Lipocyte eggs are only needed if you were aiming for a smart species, which is the intended solution.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:04 pm

Even then Lipocytes arent necessarily needed. When creating my very first Glowbug version to solve Scarce Conditions II I didnt know about the Power of the Lipocyte. Not needing a Lipocyte to solve this challenge is even cooler in its own way :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!