Queen needs Drones

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
bwisialo

Re: Queen needs Drones

Post by bwisialo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:06 pm

No, I know you weren't saying this has to be added before that. But yeah, I probably underestimate the time required on Petter's part to examine, decide between, and add challenges. Sorry, Petter! But hey, these challenges have already been rigorously tested and evaluated by the finest researchers ;)

Seriously though, I'd say that other than time factors, which are totally legitimate -- I definitely want respect Petter on that front -- there really don't seem to be reasons for not adding difficult challenges.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Megathosto14 wrote:How did you guys do it?
My first solution is a very elaborate single drone genome. It doesn't reproduce and just collects energy in Lipocytes until it's full enough to seek the Queen and feed it.

My second solution is a variant of the first one that does reproduce. I can send you the genomes if you still want. However, I find bwisialo's approach the better one :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 pm

bwisialo wrote:... I'd say that other than time factors ... there really don't seem to be reasons for not adding difficult challenges.
Agreed :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Alast wrote:I can send you the genomes if you still want.
If you don't mind, i would like to have it.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:16 pm

This would be an interesting twist. If you have queen cells attached to a Myocyte, and have a low level of Dynamic Friction where swimmers can still swim, you can set Lift to max and make it immobile. Then you could have a challenge be: get Photocytes (low Nutrient priority) form the perimeter and bring them back to feed the queen. Thanks to the Myocyte, you wouldn't be able to push the queen over to the Photocytes.

You'd have to figure out a way to prevent other solutions, such as kamikaze drones. You'd also have to figure out how to get the Myocyte to live long enough, before the queen is getting fed, since it will use energy quickly.

Just a thought.
amor fati