Noughtypixy suggested that we move this to the user-created challenges and Reaper Elite did it.
So you know, we're working on the Wiki now and finishing the touches of the Ecology classification, and one of the first pages that there must be there is the one of the Basic Swimmer. And if the one that does that page were me, I wouldn't feel okay with picking one arbitrarily myself.
To that is this challenge/test/competition.
I ask everyone that wants to participate to sent his/hers Basic Swimmer to me, with the extention .genome (or .substrate) and we will test it against each other users post.
I will make a big substrate with very generous enviroment for swimmers and then very slowly making it more and more difficult, until only one genome stands. Since I'll be the one doing the test, I won't post any genome so there's no bias. The winners will be in the wiki.
You can create your swimmer however you like. With the settings you prefer and the color you like. As long as it follows
- - Only Flagellocytes and Phagocytes allowed.
- The Genome submitted can't have more than 6 used modes. This is to compromise between a tight mode limitation and free for all. This is because one could make a 20 mode swimmer that has a burst, a slow, a middle, every possible swimmer inside it for each part of the test. If this is the case, either everyone would be forced to do this tactic, or the one that does it will automatically win.
- The organism can be submitted until Saturday 29th. (I added one extra day) To avoid counter-testing, the genomes should be PM to me directly. The 30 I'll post the submissions before doing the test but after the submissions are closed.
- Only one submission per user.
- In the case that only 3 or less genomes are submitted, the test won't be performed and those genomes will be on the wiki.
This is the Model Substrate that will be used (or a very similar one). It has the following settings:
It's larger than usual but not that big because the fight for the food will be important in the early part of the test too.
- Salinity: 0.500
Nutrient Concentration: 11.000
Nutrient chunk Size: 0.450
Diameter: 2.0 mm
Maximum cell count: 2200
(The light is just to see them better)
The organism that survives will be the one that is shown in the wiki as thumbnail and the first one linked.The test will be performed this way:
- It will be saved and stated the owner of each Swimmer.
- If needed, each swimmer will be changed to a particular color to, as Candy said, have very noticeable when a Swimmer goes extinct. Every swimmer will be placed near the edges, evenly spaced to each other, at the same time and facing the center (I'll do a slight change to the genome in each one to make this happen- This change won't affect the behavior of the swimmer).
- Each "Round" will be of 100h. Everytime a species goes extinct, it will be stated for comparison with reiterations.
- When the round ends, the substrate will be frozen and saved (I'll try to record it but my recording app isn't that reliable so can't do any promises)
- Then the Nutrient concentration and nutrient size will be lowered at rate of 1 for the nutrient concentration and 0.05 for the chunk size. The Salinity will remain the same the entire test.
- The substrate will be put in observe again for another 100h, repeating the cycle until only 1 species remains.
Lastly, the test will be performed 2 more times, maybe more if there are different winners each time, to get consistency.
Second and third place will also be featured in the page, along with the standard basic swimmer.