Here are the substrate details:
This is the Model Substrate
that will be used (or a very
similar one). It has the following settings:
- Salinity: 0.500
Nutrient Concentration: 11.000
Nutrient chunk Size: 0.450
Diameter: 2.0 mm
Maximum cell count: 2500
(The light is just to see them better)
It's larger than usual but not that big because the fight for the food will be important in the early part of the test too.
The test will be performed this way:
- It will be saved and stated the owner of each Swimmer.
- Then each swimmer will be changed to a particular color to, as Candy said, be very noticeable when a Swimmer goes extinct. Every swimmer will be placed near the edges, evenly spaced to each other, at the same time and facing the center (I'll do a slight change to make this happen that won't affect the behavior of the swimmer).
- Each "Round" will be of 100h. Everytime a species goes extinct, it will be stated for comparison with reiterations.
- When the round ends, the substrate will be frozen and saved (I'll try to record it but my recording app isn't that reliable so can't do any promises)
- Then the Nutrient concentration and nutrient size will be lowered at rate of 1 for the nutrient concentration and 0.05 for the chunk size. The Salinity will remain the same the entire test.
- The substrate will be put in observe again for another 100 minutes, repeating the cycle until only 1 species remains.
Lastly, the test will be performed 2 more times, maybe more if there are different winners each time, to get consistency.
I'm hesitant to change the maximum cell count from 2500 to 2000, since it will give the burst swimmers a slight greater advantage at the beginning.
I'm thinking a 6 mode limit, to compromise between a tight mode limitation and free for all. Because I'm thinking one could make a 20 mode swimmer that has a burst, a slow, a middle, every possible swimmer inside it for each part of the test. If this is the case, either everyone would be forced
to do this tactic, or the one that does it will automatically win. So 6 mode limitation seems fair.