Cyanide Spitters

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
TragmatiS

Cyanide Spitters

Post by TragmatiS » Fri May 05, 2017 9:00 am

Substrate link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu3mt53r0qtyq ... trate?dl=0

Description: This substrate has low density. Cells are attracted to its bottom. Substrate`s top is occupied by algae that drops down cyanide secrocytes in order to stay inside the light zone. However, the plate is filled with nutrient chunks from outside. Can you make a species that survives here?

Objective (Difficult you do have Scarce II solution, Impossible if not) Reach 500 exactly your cells. Killing initial cells is allowed.

Cell types NOT allowed: Photocyte, Buoyocyte

Substrate link:
Screenshot_2017-05-05-11-54-02.png
Substrate preview
I`m Russian so there may be typos.
C4pung

Re: Cyanide Spitters

Post by C4pung » Fri May 05, 2017 4:16 pm

I taught I had this in the bag, but the efficiency kicks me back :oops: . My species able to survive in the enviroment but only reproduce to about 100 then made the spitters go extinct by pushing them over and chocking them on their own poison. This challenge requires a fine balance.
My first try :https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk2g9opeit8he ... trate?dl=0

On a side note, I was just about going to make this challenge before,but you beat me to it :lol: .Mine consist of secro-devoro laying algae and photo-predator (both are immortal, doesnt reproduce). And you must put in a swimmer with the specific color so it become a target for the predators.
Last edited by C4pung on Sat May 06, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
TragmatiS

Post by TragmatiS » Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Read the objective again -- killing initial cells IS allowed, so you`ve solved this challenge!
I`m Russian so there may be typos.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat May 06, 2017 4:30 am

My first user challenge i ever solved! :D .

I taught the objective was making a species that coexist with the spitters and produce a population of 500 (im currently working on various immune species, the moment i saw this challenge, i hope in with my new species :D ).

Me killing the spitters will cause coextinction. Maybe this is sterilization challenge on steroids!.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun May 07, 2017 12:18 am

How many inserted cells allowed?

You can use a Glueocyte that splits into a itself and a Keratinocyte. Place the Glueocyte on the wall so that it will split first and then get Photocytes attached to it. The Glueocyte produces a strand of a couple hundred Keratinocytes without becoming poisoned and without killing the Photocytes.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun May 07, 2017 12:33 am

Didn't came to my mind a solution like that :o . I taught the only way to get a photocyte up there, or an immune swimmer. Turns out you can make a parasitic canopy. Briliant! 8-)