Brownian Motion

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
C4pung

Re: Brownian Motion

Post by C4pung » Thu May 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Ooh so using adhesin connections and mirror you get good coverage on the plate?. Brilliant :)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm

The Mirroring part is interesting. It keeps growth more concentrated by just enough to make the difference between leaving a couple cells behind and leaving none.
amor fati
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Thu May 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Alast will clean the plate using only one mode.
Classic

I managed 150 cells with 1 Mode. Not completely clean yet.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

C4pung wrote:Ooh so using adhesin connections and mirror you get good coverage on the plate?. Brilliant :)
Sort of, but not exactly. It's good coverage in the sense that it is effective, but not in the sense that it helps the cells spread out. The settings actually do the opposite: they keep the cells from spreading out, keep them more in the middle. Since Viscosity is 0, spreading out means your cells die crashing into the walls, which is what would happen if you had no adhesin and they just rocketed away from one another. Stay local and kill more. :)

Try it with Phagocytes on Macrophages II and you'll see they don't spread out.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 pm

The low Split mass provides more granual coverage.

If nothing else, I learned some things. :) If I could only learn to test more before posting. :lol:
amor fati