Nitrograv

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Re: Nitrograv

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah, well you know, challenge was hard to made amd solve, so complain was rational. :roll: :D
Nope, no.Theres nothing to say
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:26 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Yes, Noughty has clearly put effort into making this challenge based on JYAHs idea after some of us already told JYAH to make the substrate themselves.

JYAH did not do so and instead now complains that Noughty didn't make his challenge exactly to JYAHs liking. I find that a pretty lazy arrogant position to take.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Alast wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Yes, Noughty has clearly put effort into making this challenge based on JYAHs idea after some of us already told JYAH to make the substrate themselves.

JYAH did not do so and instead now complains that Noughty didn't make his challenge exactly to JYAHs liking. I find that a pretty lazy arrogant position to take.
:shock: ok ok... Oh my God, Looks like you were really mad, ok its better for me to take 'better safe then sorry' act.
Noughtypixy

Post by Noughtypixy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:35 pm

ANYMOUS SCIENTIST wrote:Yeah, well you know, challenge was hard to made amd solve, so complain was rational. :roll: :D
feel free to make and post the version wanted make, I haven't played with gradients yet so not sure how they work.
beware the pixys
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Noughtypixy wrote:
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST wrote:Yeah, well you know, challenge was hard to made amd solve, so complain was rational. :roll: :D
feel free to make and post the version wanted make, I haven't played with gradients yet so not sure how they work.
Wdym?
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:39 pm

ANYMOUS SCIENTIST wrote: :shock: ok ok... Oh my God, Looks like you were really mad, ok its better for me to take 'better safe then sorry' act.
It's all fine :-) You didn't say anything wrong, I just don't know what you were trying to say. And I'm not mad, just don't think JYAH gets to criticize here at all.
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Woah this is hard. Any tips for me?
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
Noughtypixy

Post by Noughtypixy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:54 pm

ANYMOUS SCIENTIST wrote:
Noughtypixy wrote:
Wdym?
you didn't make it tho you just described it...
as the version of your original idea I made is not quite how you imagined it I would be interested to see your version of the substrate, I decided to leave the substrate at default size as some devices don't cope well with larger substrates.
I think the light range is ok as it reaches 2 cells down from the top.
I don't understand how the gradient slider affects the substrate so didn't use it, any input on the refinement of the substrate would be appreciated maybe alter the one I posted or make your version and post it so I can see what you mean by how the gradient will affect it.

Edit: drat, sorry got confused between you and jyah :?
Last edited by Noughtypixy on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beware the pixys
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 pm

The swimmer on the substrate can reach 300 cells all by itself. I've managed to get 400 once. Gues I got lucky as I couodn't reproduce that result yet. 500 seems really hard.
JustYourAverageHuman

Post by JustYourAverageHuman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:48 am

No need to get defensive Alast I'm not complaining. I'm still trying to work out the design for the niroswimmers. The main issue with the plain ones is that once the solution organsim attaches itself to them and gets to the top of the substraight it can produce infinite offspring (at least until the niroswimmers dies of old age). I have been playing with the idea of having the niroswimmers inocculate itself with cyanide so that the solution organism cannot stay attached for too long. (Cyanide can diffuse through adhesin bonds even with keratinocytes present).