User-created Challenge: Floaters/Extinction

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
bwisialo

Re: User-created Challenge: Floaters/Extinction

Post by bwisialo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:27 am

Droefkalkoen wrote:Alast also sent me his solution. Also a very effective genome. He and bwisialo had a ready-made genome for Tip the Balance that was effective enough to prevail here as well. Even so, there don't appear to be any easy shortcuts that can be exploited in this challenge and the challenge does appear to require a well-designed genome.

I will tweak it some more to see if I can make the challenge more interesting, but it shows promise in my own opinion.
I thought of a very simple way to improve the challenge and make it interesting, without having to change the ecosystem much at all! :) Don't allow Flagellocytes to be used in the solution. This way, your challenge would require people to create Phagocyte-Buoyocyte-Keratinocyte floaters for a solution. No existing challenge is based on that premise, and people would not have ready-made solutions! :)
amor fati
Droefkalkoen

Post by Droefkalkoen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Bwisialo had an interesting addition to the challenge: he proposes to ban flagellocytes, which means the user would have to use floaters and keratinocytes in various cell stages to beat the challenge.

Certainly an interesting idea, would make it superhard though. I'll try and see if it works.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Droefkalkoen wrote:Bwisialo had an interesting addition to the challenge: he proposes to ban flagellocytes, which means the user would have to use floaters and keratinocytes in various cell stages to beat the challenge.

Certainly an interesting idea, would make it superhard though. I'll try and see if it works.
I solved it this way. :) Sent you the solution via PM I believe.
amor fati