User-created Challenge: Eradicate the Menace

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Alast

User-created Challenge: Eradicate the Menace

Post by Alast » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:26 pm

This one is for you, bwisialo ;)

Can you eradicate the life form in this substrate?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vys4qtqtz5wf7 ... trate?dl=0

Objective: kill off the reigning species in the substrate (Very Difficult)

Cell types allowed: All

Inserted cells allowed: 10

I don't have a solution yet ;)
/edit: now I do
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Re: User-created Challenge: Eradicate the Menace

Post by bwisialo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Great challenge! :) One of my Tip the Balance solution completes it. It's a Flagellocyte-Keratinocyte-Phagocyte swimmer that begins from and spits out a Devorocyte. Tried some regular Keratinocyte swimmers, and the results were stalemates. So, Very Difficult indeed.

I also did a little experiment. I took one of the stalemate situations and then introduced my Devororcyte spitter, and it doesn't win. So, if you add a good Keratinocyte swimmer, that would one hell of a Tip the Balance challenge -- really evil :twisted:
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Yeah, the species in my substrate has an intended flaw in it :) I could change that and make it a hell of a challenge just with that 1 species ;)
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Alast wrote:Yeah, the species in my substrate has an intended flaw in it :) I could change that and make it a hell of a challenge just with that 1 species ;)
Nice! Intended flaw -- that's a great way to make a challenge. :) Not kidding.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:02 am

Alast wrote:Yeah, the species in my substrate has an intended flaw in it :) I could change that and make it a hell of a challenge just with that 1 species ;)
I used a second solution I have for Tip the Balance, and it completed this challenge as well. The time I tried it before I made a stupid change to the genome before trying it. Anyway, it's a four-cell swimmer -- similar to yours -- that has a Devorocyte and Phagocyte side by side in the front, a Keratinocyte in the middle, and Flagellocyte in the back. But I realize that, here, your swimmers are... well, handicapped. :)
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:19 am

Sounds exactly like my Flatheads, my very first solution for Tip the Balance which had the flaw that they would get stuck at walls ;) That's when I came up with the diamond shape to make the organism more effective.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:06 am

Alast wrote:Sounds exactly like my Flatheads, my very first solution for Tip the Balance which had the flaw that they would get stuck at walls ;) That's when I came up with the diamond shape to make the organism more effective.
In mine, the Flagellocytes are at a slight angle, turning the Phagocyte side to the wall and the Devorocyte to the inside. They don't get stuck. :)
amor fati