Balance of Life

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Alast

Re: Balance of Life

Post by Alast » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:44 pm

Yes.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Alast wrote:Yes.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but it tries hard! ;)
amor fati
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:45 am

Do you think it's possible to modify this so that a third species could live off the food pieces left from dying photocytes? Like a keratinocyte swimmer? I tried but didn't seem to be enough. Didn't seem completely impossible though.
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:28 am

I don't think there is enough food on the plate for any Phagocyte organism to sustain. My predator from Flourishing Grounds doesn't survive there either and that one has a Devorocyte to support the food income.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:05 am

Seem like there would at least have to be a lot more Photocytes dying. Whether that can be done to the extent of providing enough food I don't know.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 pm

If there where more light, you could edited the photocytes genome, to generate a lot of waste, this way the substrate will have not just coexistence, also a symbiotic behaviour, because the only species which will be able to survive by itself is the photocytes, if the viscosity was even lower, swimmers will spend less energy, then a Keratynocyte-phagocyte swimmer will survive and reproduce just with the waste of photocytes, if everything is well designed we should have a ecosystem of 3 totally different species, and the challenge of adding a 4th species will be a titanic challenge.
OF COURSE I KNOW IS EASIER TO SAY IT THAN DO IT
But anyway, I guess I can try it a little by myself
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Well, the Photocytes don't produce any waste themselves. Only when they get eaten by a Devorocyte they leave behind a little nutrition. Just upping the light level too far would simply cause the Photocytes to outgrow the Devoroswimmers up to the cell max. So you would have to change the genome of the Photocytes for your idea.

But actually... this has lead me to a new idea. Might become a new challenge, we'll see ;)
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 pm

See, if light were maxed, then you could make a genome which generates nutrients this way,
Depending on nutrition you want to get, you could put some photocytes, those should reproduce this way,
1st a photocyte, which divides into 2,3
2nd a photocyte, which divides into 3,4
3rd a photocyte, which has split mass at 0.5h, and a split ratio of 90-10 or 80-20, to generate nutrients
4th here you can rebucle for more nutrients, or just change the 4th for the 1st again

In my mind this works, however, I'll make a little experiments
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:36 pm

As I said, you'd have to change the genome.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Ok, I'm making several thousand hours now in this substrate. But ultimately all my attempts are going to shreds. Mostly it's the Devoroswimmers that die out. This whole balance is just so damn fragile. But now I want to make it to 10,000h. If I can make that work I will call it a success :)