Balance of Life

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Alast

Re: Balance of Life

Post by Alast » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Arghs, I made it to 9700h. So close! But then suddenly the Devoroswimmers count got too low and the Photocytes reproduced uncontrolled...
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:38 pm

34000h then my cell battery become to hot, and my cellphone turn of without letting me turn it on, I couldn't recover my genome :(
it doesn't matter I think it was glitched anyway
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:45 pm

But you're still trying with me. That's cool :)

What's your approach? I'm currently on a Glueo-Kerato-Viro species.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 am

It was a keratyno swimmer which spits gleucocytes, they also spit more gleucocytes, when a ball of 4 gleucocytes have enough mass they turn into 2 Keratynocyte swimmers, and they let 1 gleucocyte which makes more balls, then this second generation spits out my victoryocytes, those are swimmers which spitt virocytes 3 times, and then they become the prime gleucocyte for more balls, the virocytes turn photocytes into a species which becomes more victoryocytes, the starting mode for this genome is a gleucocyte which becomes a victoryocyte.
It uses all 15 modes, the number of devoroucyte swimmers is always pretty low, but they stayed alive all the time, it was hard to design but I think I can reproduce it, the "keep adhesin setting was pretty useful here, it let me release the victoryocytes, (I call them that way because they won for me all the infection challenges), my solution contains my solution for infection, which uses 4 modes, my solution for tip the balance, which uses 6 modes, 2 additional modes of gleucocytes, and the 3 modes left were used to allow all of them become the same species, 1 was used for this purpose, 2 for allowing victoryocytes to infect photocytes without including photocytes in the genome, cool right, it will take at least a day to repeat that, since all I need is to stick them together, and to add the gleucocytes, to a part of the genome of my "gene therapy" solution, this is the most complete challenge I have ever seen
Last edited by CandyYAHFT on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:...when a ball of 4 gleucocytes have enough mass they turn into 2 Keratynocyte swimmers, and they let 1 gleucocyte which makes more balls...
Are the two Keratinocye swimmers created at the same time as one another by the Glueocytes? If so, how did you make that happen? Because no matter how you distribute the nutrient priorities, the Glueocytes that contact other cells first will split first, making for a vey irregular development.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:29 am

At the same time not, 1 gleucocyte stays, 2 gleucocytes feed the left 1, to make it have enough mass to divide into 2 Keratynocyte, Keratynocyte because if it was any other cell, it will be attached to the gleucocyte and it won't matter the make adhesin setting, those two Keratynocyte eggs become a phagocyte Keratynocyte, then the Keratynocyte releases the flagellocyte, then I'll have 2 Keratynocyte swimmers most of the time, but always at least 1 per ball
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:34 am

Very interesting ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:38 am

This thing halved 3 modes of gleucocytes, 3 modes of Keratynocytes, 2 modes of flagellocytes, 1 mode was a virocyte, and the left were phagocytes, it turn really complicated, and I'm not sure if this was exactly my first successful genome, but I saved partial solutions (because they looked pretty), but I didn't save the one that actually solves the challenge, so I'm closer to solve it, right know I'm just fixing the split mass, and some minor adjustments, I'll have this by tomorrow, at least in 2 days (we are on exams so I don't have much time free, that's why I forgot my cellphone was plugged in with Cell Lab open)
This was the most interesting challenge until now, so I hope I can reproduce the solution
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 am

If you can figure that out again I would love to see it!
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:20 am

Oh my god!!! I made it! I can't believe I made it. After one week I finally created an organism that survives long enough without destroying the balance in the substrate. I have to say I'm actually pretty proud of having achieved this.

I have saved the substrate with my organism in it just 100h before hitting the 10,000h mark (11k minus 1k where the substrate starts out). Usually I don't do this, but this achievement makes me so happy that I'm going to share my solution with you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn3ahah6o7wkc ... trate?dl=0

Currently I'm 20,000h in and it's still looking healthy.

My 3rd genome is kind of a nasty lurker parasite. It sits there and waits for prey to eventually come to it. Then it will suck out its energy just to spawn a Virocyte that will turn other cells into a lurker seed now living on sucking the energy of its former kin.

/edit: After 25,000h my lurkers died out.