Announcement regarding update:

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Petter
Site Admin

Announcement regarding update:

Post by Petter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:25 am

Some of the new challenges will allow just a certain number of a cell types in the life cycle of a cell. E.g. just one buoyocyte makes floater II challenge harder.. Perhaps you guys could come up with some new challenges with this type of mechanics?

I've finished all features and bug fixes in the new version now (I think) and am just working on some new challenges with the new cells and some with the old. Any ideas are very welcome!
bwisialo

Re: Announcement regarding update:

Post by bwisialo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:42 am

Excellent! Thanks for the open invitation for ideas :P I'll check this out.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 am

I could used more than 1 buoyocyte in floaters, I feel so dumb now
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:52 am

I thought I'd start with some of the challenges I've already created. I have a 650 cell-count solution to Precarious Conditions that uses only 1 Photocyte, 1 Nitrocyte, and 1 Buoyocyte in its cycle.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:13 am

Harsh Conditions III v2 can be solved with a genome with 1 Nitrocyte in its cycle. Thanks Alast! :P I have 4 varieties of this -- 1 Nitrocyte and:

1 Glueocyte
1 Lipocyte
1 Buoyocyte
1 Lipocyte and 1 Glueocyte
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:47 am

You're always welcome, bwisialo ;-)

I put some thought into your request, Petter. For starters something based on my The Ring challenge could be fun for a more simple challenge.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:28 am

A while ago I had an idea for a challenge with a limit on cell types per cycle, but it seemed kind of goofy: a swimmer challenge with only 1 Phagocyte per cycle. After working on the two-mode swimmer challenge posted by CandyYAHFT, I saw that limiting the swimmer species to 1 Phagocyte makes for an interesting challenge and some novel and very interesting creations ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Thank you bwisialo ;)
I was thinking about keratyno-swimmers, I wonder if there's a way tomake them with only 3 modes, I usually use 6, but we're now aiming to more complex organisms with less modes, which I think is good, because it seemed like people wanted more modes, but that will disallow us to make challenges with up to 5000 cells, when the next generation of smartphones may come, I think is a challenge to make complex ecosystems with different genomes, than with a hiper complex genome, that mixes a bunch of genomes, that are hard to understand for casual players, Hard challenges are funny for those who are actually get entertained designing a genome for hours (like me :lol: ), but when I look in perspective, I know isn't really funny for people who haven't noticed the complexity of this, I was looking on the reviews on playstore, lots & lots of people saying this was to hard, and stuff, and that they wanted more tutorials, that learning curve was to hard, it really make me feel kinda smart :mrgreen:
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY