Squares V - Coexistence

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!

How difficult is Squares V?

Easy
No votes
Moderate
100%
Difficult
No votes
Very Difficult
No votes
Extremely Difficult
No votes

Total votes: 1
bwisialo

Squares V - Coexistence

Post by bwisialo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Description: This challenge has a similar substrate and Phagocyte /Devorocyte species as Squares III and IV. Now there is no viscosity and there is maximum light.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hgcslf5ld3i3 ... trate?dl=0

Objective (Moderate): Create a species of a different kind (see Cell Types) so that your species can coexist with the squares for at least 500 hours.

Objective (a bit more difficult): Change the light settings to zero and complete the same Objective as above.

Max Cells inserted: 3

Cell Types allowed: All except Phagocytes and Devorocytes
amor fati
bwisialo

Re: Squares V - Coexistence

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:35 pm

I decided to make this challenge a bit more difficult ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Smallocyte sphere constructor seems to work, I'm not good with na.mes yeah
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Great it works
Another thing in my useless crappy genomes, actually solves a challenge, but, it was designed to look pretty, and your devoroucytes make it look awful :x
But alive :mrgreen:
I have the link ready if you want to see it, I guess I can wonder about the difficult, since I had a solution already done
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Yeah, send me the link, because I'm also not sure how difficult this is. ;)
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:55 pm

That's a cool solution. :) It's particularly interesting because your species would crash against the walls and die without my species. My solution can live on its own and will end up maxing out at 800

I'm still not sure how difficult the challenge is. If you went into the challenge trying to design a solution, it might take some work to come up with a species like yours ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:28 pm

Sin e it was made from scratch as you say, yeah is a hard challenge, but I love coexistence challenges, so if it isn't a really weird challenge, I'm most likely to know what to do, but the problem with my species is that they (intentionally) usually are symbiotic, and I late more in the process, because I try to make them at least a little beautiful, check the color bug topic, in suggestions and bug reports, there's a (aesthetically) improved version, tough it doesn't solve this challenge, it looks beautiful, and don't worry, isn't a spoiler since they won't have any idea how that was based in my solution, they'll get as lost as they're now
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:31 am

Hm, I actually found this rather easy. I went with a very simple approach that doesn't breed and just keeps itself alive not minding the other organism at all.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 am

I'm never sure if the things we find easy are going to be easy for others. The previous version was pretty lame - maybe this is too ;) But hopefully this environment can require a bit more thinking, depending on your skill level. I mean, you had an approach to getting a solution, whereas the previous version didn't even require that. ;) I'll change the Difficulty though.

"...that doesn't breed and just keeps itself alive..."

I'm not sure what that means. How does it stay alive without breeding? Do you mean that the cells don't increase increase in number?
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:15 am

I will explain in detail via PM to not spoil anything for others :)

Of course, you're right that often challenges that are simple for us hardcore cellists (pun intended ;) ) aren't that simple for the majority of players. That's just a given in any field. But my solution actually was very simple. And that's where I stop my post and switch to PM ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!