Bunker

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Bunker

Post by Seandoggy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Objective: Kill the red cell.
Cells inserted: 1
All types allowed.
Number of cells: 0-500
Must place cells on edge of substrate
I has solved challenge
Note: Only works in beta.

The last enemy Nazi is in hiding in this bunker. Our first attempts to attack the bunker failed because of a mysterious substance dissolving our adhesin.
We trust you to find a solution to this, and the fact the bunker is keratinocyte protected. Good luck, commander.
Here are the coordinates of the bunker.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0onps5lbnhj9k ... trate?dl=0
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Re: Bunker

Post by Seandoggy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 pm

It's sad how some posts get no replies... For anyone attempting this thinking it's impossible, it looks easy once you complete it
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:09 am

Some people may be busy with something else. As for me, I now barely get to visit this forums, only like 5 minutes per day..
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 am

After some careful planning, me and my men started working on this bunker for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, my men can't make it in battle due to an urgent emergency nearby.

With me left to kill this man in a nutshell, I have found the key; to fulfill the bunker's purpose. With this idea, I've managed to burst the shell open and kill the man inside. I have found it's limits with very few tests upon his defense..
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:29 pm

That was a fun challenge!

I made it. I don't know if you think I should post the solution or a Screenshot but anyway. It is a very good challenge :)

I hope more people try it
Seandoggy

Post by Seandoggy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 pm

I was actually planning to make a much harder version, but I thought it would be too hard.

Imma post the solution

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7mwst59ngrfb ... enome?dl=0

I'm curious to see your solutions. Post links, but not images to not spoil the challenge.
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 am

I admit, on first sight I didn't give this challenge the credit it deserves! But Nayus is right, this was fun :-)

My solution is a brute force approach laying siege on the bunker. Ultimately it breaks through and in the end even destroys the entire bunker.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk7e5c00c9dc4 ... trate?dl=0
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Very elegant solution as always :)

Mine was also a heavy siege but I wasn't as practical in the way to surround the bunker, did it with Stemocytes and Stereocytes.

Also my siege has two waves. First wave tries to debilitate the walls of the bunker and the second wave are Predators that try to pass through those breaches.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlbtdnlmqg9tk ... trate?dl=0
Seandoggy

Post by Seandoggy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:22 pm

It was only today, Friday 13, that I realised the protease in my solution didn't help. The flaggelocyte mode just squeezes in between cells, a glitch Petter should fix. It's only after the invasion that those stupid cells make a breach in the wall.....
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 pm

It's actually not a glitch but intended. The adhesin connection is quite elastic and with enough force can be expanded so far that a cell can slide through without breaking the adhesin.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!