Defy Gravity

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
C4pung

Defy Gravity

Post by C4pung » Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm1kfhhm23cpq ... trate?dl=0
As the name suggests, this substrate have maximum gravity with minimum density, all cells with fall and even crushed under their on weight. Plate size 1mm

But, this is not really a challenge, rather probably a suggestion. Does buoyocytes need to be buffed?. Their lifting capabilities are hindered by weight/density ratio. The more weight you have, the more buoyocyte you need, the more buoyocyte you have, your organism weighs more.

In a substrate like that, its pratically impossible to make an organism that is able to fight its own weight. Can you make an organism that is able to touch the red glueo in the top? (Or is it really impossible?)

Available cells: all except glueocytes, you can use max cytoskeleton. Initial cells need to be dropped at the lower part of the plate
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
C4pung

Re: Defy Gravity

Post by C4pung » Tue May 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Buffing buoyocytes have negative effects too, it will make gravity-challenges far more easier. So I dont really know. I rarely use the buoyocytes because of their limitations
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 pm

I don't really remember, but my ocean challenge had somewhat harsh gravity, if I remember correctly...
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu May 10, 2018 12:39 am

Just remembered defy gravity was a user created challenge :lol: . Its the one with huge plate, really scarce food and harsh gravity right?. I tried making an organism there, sure it floats but steering is really bad and i failed.

But the question still remains, is it really possible to make an organism in max grav/min density and does buoyocyte need buffing?. Ive tried all sorts way of movement (max flagelos, min density buoyo, even ciliocytes) and the one that almost works is a simple swimmer with max flagelo/min buoyo that dies just before reaching the top of the plate.
CasualKid

Post by CasualKid » Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 am

Have you tried a stereocyte attached to some flagelo and some buoyo at the same time? :3
HEY WHOEVER YOU ARE, READ THIS, IT BELONGS TO YOU !!! ---> You are awesome :3
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu May 10, 2018 6:26 am

Right, C4pung, I've once created a challenge with the same name :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu May 10, 2018 6:37 am

Here it is, should you guys be interested:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1596
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
CasualKid

Post by CasualKid » Thu May 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Version 74 unables me to use downloaded files :cry:
HEY WHOEVER YOU ARE, READ THIS, IT BELONGS TO YOU !!! ---> You are awesome :3