RANDOM Diving

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
CandyYAHFT

RANDOM Diving

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:40 pm

This is the first challenge on its class, this is a infection challenge, but you'll have to choose between 100 different hosts, weird right.
Description
In this regular substrate there are a higher nutrient chunk than default, there are no light and weirdest of all, there are no nitrates, but you'll have to develop a genome without nitrocytes, see, there are 100 nitrocytes, all of them have different genomes, the substrate starts in 70h, if no action is taken, the last nitrocyte will die at 132h, you have a comfortable margin of 60h.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztnsyttknanul ... trate?dl=0

Objectives
•create a species which survives for 1000h here (easy)
•create 2 species from 2 different nitrocytes, which coexist for at least 600h (difficult )
•create 3 species from 3 different nitrocytes, which coexist for at least 500h (very difficult)

Max 5 cells inserted

All cell types allowed except nitrocytes

Additional rules
There's no objective cell count since this is pretty random, and if you don't chose well your host then this challenge will be impossible, the 100 nitrocytes in the substrate have different genomes, but 15 modes on all of them are only nitrocytes.
Please post your top cell counts below
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Re: RANDOM Diving

Post by bwisialo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Do you have solutions for these Objectives?

The only thing that makes this challenge different than a Nitro-swimmer challenge is just that you have to find a host -- hosts for the 2nd and 3rd Objectives -- with the right combination of modes. I believe it should be like this: mode x has children that mode y and z, and y has children x and y (unless you have to start using a complex set of 4 or more modes). Trying to find that here is sort of like taking stabs in the dark to find a needle (or needles) in a haystack ;) But then if you find it, you can just tweak a Nitro-swimmer you already have to infect the cell and immediately produce your Nitro-swimmer.
Last edited by bwisialo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:32 am

Yeah, I did somet wrong, the Nitrocyte needed to have a dividing in into 2 different modes, and make adhesin, but no, is actually impossible, the only way to do it is to be able to change settings on the Nitrocyte, without putting nitrocytes in your genome, there it was 3 viable hosts, but now that I checked again, I forgot where they were, I'll try to tweak it, because, it will be a matter of watching genome per genome, the design a virus, but you'll have to put 6 virocytes around the viable Nitrocyte, to warranty instant nitro swimmer, however, I think I don't like this challenge, I even forgot it was there, but having to choose between 100 possible host isn't actually too much fun so ...
Do you have any advice that could make this kinda challenge interesting?
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:09 am

This would change the nature of the challenge to something similar to the Gene Therapy challenge, but you could insert a Nitrocyte that is mode 4 and splits into 4 and 4.

The challenge would simply be to creste a virus that is able to survive on the substrate. Anyone with a solution to Infecton 2 / 3 can solve this by only making a couple of changes to their genome - they only have to figure out which changes to make ;)

You could call the challenge, for example, "Harsh Conditions - Infection."

It might even be difficult for you to figure out. ;) But it's okay if you don't have a solution - I have one. :)
amor fati