Take the throne

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
CandyYAHFT

Take the throne

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:11 am

The name has been updated
Description
In this substrate with no nitrates, really poor nutrient chunk but high nutrient concentration, and low viscosity, the density gradient is at highest, and the density is low, gravty high, there are 2 species, 1 is Nitrocyte Swimmer the other is a Devourocyte which divides into 3 modes of devoroucytes, they stay in endless coexistence, I tested for 34000h, they're pretty stable. (I guess I should tell you I can't break them get, however, I'm working in a solution)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/653xy3rp2hqyt ... trate?dl=0

Objectives
•Eliminate the nitro swimmers

•At a third species which coexist whit the both existing, the most time you can, at least 300h

NOTICE BOTH OBJECTIVES CAN'T BE SOLVED IN THE SAME EXPERIMENT
(Of course, you could try to design a species which coexist with them for 300h, and destroy them afterwards with the same genome, but I don't see that possible)

Max 3 Cells Inserted

All cell types allowed
Last edited by CandyYAHFT on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Re: Tip the Balance 4

Post by bwisialo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:44 am

I have a species that can live with the other two indefinitely :)

Killinh off the seems like it would be extremely difficult.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Re: Tip the Balance 4

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:54 pm

It is, is pretty revolutionary, because "tip the balance" challenges, usually have weak species, this usually to allow equilibrium, between species that have poor designs, with other that have bad designs, for example, her the devoroucytes can reproduce because they touch the egg nitrocytes, that are directly attracted to them by gravity, but they're low enough to let the nitrocyte swimmers reproduce as much as they want, and yhr the Nitrocyte swimmer is really well designed, also the devoroucytes in 3 modes are for keeping the wall, but without over killing the nitroswimmers, so is a really Complex environment, even if it look is simple
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Re: Tip the Balance IV

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Can't kill them, even with all cell types allowed, those swimmers are so OP, I let evolution run for 34000h, and when I came back, devoroucytes mutated a little, but the nitro swimmers still there, not even a color change, and when I checked the genome closer, nothing on the cells of the active cycle have changed, repeated with higher radiation for 16000h, and same result, but this time a more notorious change in the color, I think those nitro swimmers are the most perfect species for their environment, is now my top creation
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:26 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:…is pretty revolutionary, because "tip the balance" challenges, usually have weak species…

…also the devoroucytes in 3 modes are for keeping the wall, but without over killing the nitroswimmers…
I’m not sure how “revolutionary” it is: revolutionary is a very strong word with major implications. ;) The swimmers in Tip the B III are a very strong species. And in TB III, Devorocytes play the same role of maintaining a wall without killing the swimmers. Using Nitrocytes from swimmers to keep the Devorocytes alive is pretty cool though. :)

Killing both species may not be a good Objective. Because a stronger Nitro-swimmer than the one on the substrate will not kill both: it will keep the Devorocytes alive. A better Objective might be killing those fierce Nitro-swimmers. :) This would also help indicate how strong and optimized the Nitro-swimmers are. The best indicator of this, however, would be to start two competing species with the same number of initial cells: this would prevent the species on the substrate from winning simply due to a numbers advantage. ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:05 pm

bwisialo wrote:
CandyYAHFT wrote:…is pretty revolutionary, because "tip the balance" challenges, usually have weak species…

…also the devoroucytes in 3 modes are for keeping the wall, but without over killing the nitroswimmers…
I’m not sure how “revolutionary” it is: revolutionary is a very strong word with major implications. ;) The swimmers in Tip the B III are a very strong species. And in TB III, Devorocytes play the same role of maintaining a wall without killing the swimmers. Using Nitrocytes from swimmers to keep the Devorocytes alive is pretty cool though. :)

Killing both species may not be a good Objective. Because a stronger Nitro-swimmer than the one on the substrate will not kill both: it will keep the Devorocytes alive. A better Objective might be killing those fierce Nitro-swimmers. :) This would also help indicate how strong and optimized the Nitro-swimmers are. The best indicator of this, however, would be to start two competing species with the same number of initial cells: this would prevent the species on the substrate from winning simply due to a numbers advantage. ;)
Sorry, in my country we use revolutionary pretty often, is common here to see people talking about how revolutionary are those new blenders, or those hybrid cars, or even the newest cellphones, so if I use wrong the word blame Canada (I don't live in Canada but you remember me ... a song ... :twisted: )

And I'm okay with you the objective of beating both species is pretty pointless, since is impossible to make nitro-keratynocyte swimmers, which also can beat the highly evolvednitro swimmers, though it will be easier if there it was light at the top, but not too much, like in death from above.
However, I think it's pointless to try to beat something that can't be beaten, so the challenge now is only to beat the nitro-swimmers (I don't know if I should also edit up, because is a tip the balance challenge)
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:15 pm

And when I say, tip the balance challenges usually have weak species, it was a mistake of the correction, I meant to say, "tip the balance challenge used to have weak species, so species with bad designs could coexist with species poor designed" with this I mean, the original tip the balance challenge has a poor designed Keratynocyte swimmer (I know Petter did this in purpose), and a normal swimmer with a bad design, this is easily noticed, because my solution which was a Keratynocyte swimmer, overrun those swimmers, even with no devoroucytes present, because if they were all perfect, the challenge will be impossible, as it's here (I'm not saying the species are perfect, but the challenge is impossible)
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:Sorry, in my country we use revolutionary pretty often, is common here to see people talking about how revolutionary are those new blenders, or those hybrid cars, or even the newest cellphones, so if I use wrong the word blame Canada (I don't live in Canada but you remember me ... a song ... :twisted: )

...impossible to make nitro-keratynocyte swimmers...

...so the challenge now is only to beat the nitro-swimmers (I don't know if I should also edit up, because is a tip the balance challenge)
:lol: Revolutionary blenders is pretty funny.

Nitro-Keratinocytes are difficult. I have one. It's the species that can live with both of your species indefinitely. It has no chance of out-eating the swimmers though.

You could make up your own name and then update the name if your want.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Re: Take the throne

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Name updated, and you know is really nice now, I can call it TTT, :v ,
And the point of this challenges will be to take the place of the dominant species, leaving the other alive, probably in future similar challenges the second objective will be harder
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Re: Take the throne

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:03 am

I developed Nitroswimmers that can starve yours off if I start with 10 cells. ;) They can't do it from 3 cells, but only due to your species having a numbers advantage.
amor fati