Take the throne

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
bwisialo

Re: Take the throne

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:24 am

Okay, now my Nitroswimmers can win starting only with 3 ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 am

Now I have to design the royalty and the poors for TTT II
It'll be more adequate for its objectives now.
BTW, could you send me that via PM? Also I want to ask, it stills alive after killing my nitro swimmers?, you also can send it directly to yahftunited@gmail.com, you told you used your PC as an intermediary, so I'm giving my email to avoid you that inconvenience
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:13 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:Also I want to ask, it stills alive after killing my nitro swimmers?
They are Nitro-swimmers similar to yours, but more optimized ;) So yes, they continue to stay alive, and they continue to keep the Devorocytes alive.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:16 pm

My goodness, did you really make it better, how the hell?
Well, I think is our little tradition now, after a time period I come here saying proudly I made an unbeatable genome, and you kill it with is older cousins.
Do you first optimise the evolve?

Or, first evolve then optimise?
I personally first optimise, then evolve, optimise a little more, and the I let my substrates evolve for 30000-40000h, I usually get things really amazing
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:31 pm

I simply evolved it, and didn't change the genome after that. It only took a couple thousand hours.

I don't know how it is possible that you ran evolution for such a long time without the genome changing. That shouldn't be possible. Genomes always mutate under radiation, even if it turns into a weaker species.

Also, running evolution for a very long time isn't the best way to optimize via evoluion. Many people mistakenly think that running it for a very long time gives you an increasingly stronger genome or a solution to a challenge. That's not how it works. You have to watch the cell count for max and min values and for a rough estimate of the median cell count.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:36 pm

I let the genome pool with all cell types unlocked except photocytes, and this 2 species survived all the time, if it was a more stable substrate, then the species won't die out just because they're less
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY