Best 2 mode swimmers (no substrate challenge)

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Alast

Re: Best 2 mode swimmers (no substrate challenge)

Post by Alast » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:36 pm

That's exactly my problem. Radiation tends to give an advantage in the long run, as that's what counts over time. But tweaking manually is very tedious and becomes more so the closer you already are without a lot of payoff.

@Candy: you can tweak a lot - nutrient priorities, split ratios, split angles, split masses, flagellum intensity - all those things influence the fitness of your swimmer
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:54 pm

After all isn't really efficient to reproduce by the tail, however I'd love to see the solution that reaches 770, mine only gets 600, and I'd like to have a better base to work on and see if I can improve it, BTW the suicidal swimmers in the TTT II are 2 mode swimmers :mrgreen:
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:10 am

This is my swimmer that has once made it to 800: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wec6xifm9o6av ... enome?dl=0

Would also love to see bwisialos better one :)
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:40 am

Me too, I'm surprised this can be done with 2 modes
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:45 am

Canfy and Alast - Did you start from scratch designing the 2-mode swimmer? If so, try starting from the strongest 3 mode swimmer from your gene bank. Pick one of the 2 Phagocytes to create a 2 mode species and reproduce something similar to the 2 mode swimmer you designed from scratch. ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:47 am

wow wow wow wow wow wow
Did you get a always over 400 equilibrium here, my goodness I thought that was impossible, for a long time I couldn't get that even with the regular swimmers
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 am

Well, my best designed genomes start with a moment of inspiration and starting from the defaults, but I'll take your advice
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 am

But, as I said my best, but my best aren't the best at all,most of them look really pretty, but if i put them to compete, they'll got defeated by your genomes, unless they got glitches, which by the reason that I spend a lot of time designing, I got it glitches, at some point, that's why I decided to make this 2 mode swimmers thing, however, I didn't put them in showcase of our creations, because I knew yours will be better than mine, and I didn't wanted to get any credit of this idea, because it was Petter the first one on suggesting this was possible
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:54 am

Damn you, bwisialo, you were right! ;-) Of course, I had to try further. And I just finished testing with a swimmer that maxed out 5 times in 5 test runs :-)
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 am

Here's mine. After I switched to work with a strong swimmer, I didn't work on it very long. I doubt it's fully optimized. It doesn't max out every time, but guess what - I'm not going to work on it further ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt19at5iw4a4o ... enome?dl=0
amor fati