Light sensor plant

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
humon

Light sensor plant

Post by humon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzh0TE ... p=drivesdk

After three months of work, I have finally arrived to share something amazing with you guys. I'm sure it wasn't done before, and I must admit: without dozens of accidents you would never see this.

The whole idea is to have a cell which doesn't waste energy on photocytes while the sunlight is away, allowing very slow light movement to not be deadly.

The cell is highly unoptimalized, and inefficient, but it can survive without much salinity.
The cell works based around color signalling, where sun causes cells to grow, creating a signal, making further cells also capable of growing.

CAUTION: these cells are exotic, and very sensitive! Clicking the substrate or genome button will most probably result in their death, as sun position resets.

Function of the double-stemos:
The plant produces S1 if red light is nearby, causing it to create photocytes. These photos will die if light goes away (low priority and no stay alive), leaving a new stemo which activates only if the S1 depletes, preventing early activation from neighbours if the sun only left a short while ago.

New plants to prevent activation if the sun is too far away to allow profit of energy start at high S1, waiting for depletion. (Which cannot deplete if red signals are still nearby)

Edit: I figured dropbox out https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mfqt8jlub2gc ... -c1ja?dl=0
Last edited by humon on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet
bwisialo

Re: Light sensor plant

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:06 am

Welcome! Do you have Dropbox? It's a lot easier for people to download from there: Drive doesn't support .substrate and .genome files -- it drops the file extension.
amor fati
humon

Post by humon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 am

I have, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.
~I have no idea how to share it
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:46 am

In the app you can just click on a file to grant access to others and then simply copy the link to post it here.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
humon

Post by humon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 am

Yup, I figured it, thanks
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:11 am

(o) Really Cool! (o)
They actually sense their neighbors before they grow their leaves. It will continue like that in cycle. Intereasting idea.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
Sphaxie

Post by Sphaxie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:36 am

humon wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzh0TE ... p=drivesdk

After three months of work, I have finally arrived to share something amazing with you guys. I'm sure it wasn't done before, and I must admit: without dozens of accidents you would never see this.

The whole idea is to have a cell which doesn't waste energy on photocytes while the sunlight is away, allowing very slow light movement to not be deadly.

The cell is highly unoptimalized, and inefficient, but it can survive without much salinity.
The cell works based around color signalling, where sun causes cells to grow, creating a signal, making further cells also capable of growing.

CAUTION: these cells are exotic, and very sensitive! Clicking the substrate or genome button will most probably result in their death, as sun position resets.

Function of the double-stemos:
The plant produces S1 if red light is nearby, causing it to create photocytes. These photos will die if light goes away (low priority and no stay alive), leaving a new stemo which activates only if the S1 depletes, preventing early activation from neighbours if the sun only left a short while ago.

New plants to prevent activation if the sun is too far away to allow profit of energy start at high S1, waiting for depletion. (Which cannot deplete if red signals are still nearby)

Edit: I figured dropbox out https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mfqt8jlub2gc ... -c1ja?dl=0
I thought of the same way as you for making these but your design is different. The sensocyte senses red photocyte making stemocyte split :) it's more of a timer because it requires at least one red cell. Really cool design
The evil signature IT'S TIME TO STOP!!! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Great job! :o . I was also going to make a photosensitive organism, but its based on smart floaters. Unticking stay alive is a really clever move!
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
TragmatiS

Post by TragmatiS » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Photosensitive organisms are becoming a trend! My second approach to them is coming soon...
I`m Russian so there may be typos.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Cool! Thanks for the Dropbox link.
amor fati