The fail of a challenge :0

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
BoltStrikes

The fail of a challenge :0

Postby BoltStrikes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 am

So, I've been working on a challenge this morning.

The idea was to have soil-maker type swimmers that make Secrocyte as food. The catch: No sensocyte or stereocyte.

I made the substrate. Tried to solve it. Then I realized: Secrocytes only transfer signal substance upon touch.

This already ruined the idea(and point) of the challenge, but I gave it a go anyway, and I found that it is (probably) impossible. The swimmers have no way of knowing where food is, until they bumb into it. I hipotesize that a puffer-fish like organism could solve it (when it touches food it blows up to eat any other food that might be nearby), but I've been unsuccessful at making such organism.

The challenge substrate can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkks6sqtubyd ... trate?dl=0

I decided to post this here so that you guys could have a look at it and see what you could do with it. Perhaps change the Secrocytes to cyanide?

Anyways, since that failed, I'll be making a new challenge, so expect that pretty soon! -Bolt
░I would like to announce to announce that░░░░░░░░░░
░┌─┬─┬┐┌┐░┌┐┌──┬──┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░│┌┤┬┤│││░│││┌┐│┌┐│░Will be on discord!░░░░░░░░
░│└┤┴┤└┤└┐│└┤├┤│┌┐│░https://discord.gg/hgBNnpy░
░└─┴─┴─┴─┘└─┴┘└┴──┘░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Eu Sou A Fazenda

Re: The fail of a challenge :0

Postby Eu Sou A Fazenda » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm

BoltStrikes wrote:So, I've been working on a challenge this morning.

The idea was to have soil-maker type swimmers that make Secrocyte as food. The catch: No sensocyte or stereocyte.

I made the substrate. Tried to solve it. Then I realized: Secrocytes only transfer signal substance upon touch.

This already ruined the idea(and point) of the challenge, but I gave it a go anyway, and I found that it is (probably) impossible. The swimmers have no way of knowing where food is, until they bumb into it. I hipotesize that a puffer-fish like organism could solve it (when it touches food it blows up to eat any other food that might be nearby), but I've been unsuccessful at making such organism.

The challenge substrate can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkks6sqtubyd ... trate?dl=0

I decided to post this here so that you guys could have a look at it and see what you could do with it. Perhaps change the Secrocytes to cyanide?

Anyways, since that failed, I'll be making a new challenge, so expect that pretty soon! -Bolt

A soil-maker type swimmers...?

BoltStrikes

Postby BoltStrikes » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:47 pm

That sorta swim around and spit out food. They were supposed to reproduce in the same way your soil makers do(turn into a Senseocyte and a Stemocyte to test if there are any other swimmers around before reproducing) but I quickly ran out of modes, so I decided to place the optimal amount of swimmers in the first place then just not have them reproduce, instead have them occasionally get rid of their tail and grow a new one(because I needed them to be everlasting).
░I would like to announce to announce that░░░░░░░░░░
░┌─┬─┬┐┌┐░┌┐┌──┬──┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░│┌┤┬┤│││░│││┌┐│┌┐│░Will be on discord!░░░░░░░░
░│└┤┴┤└┤└┐│└┤├┤│┌┐│░https://discord.gg/hgBNnpy░
░└─┴─┴─┴─┘└─┴┘└┴──┘░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Eu Sou A Fazenda

Postby Eu Sou A Fazenda » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:54 pm

BoltStrikes wrote:That sorta swim around and spit out food. They were supposed to reproduce in the same way your soil makers do(turn into a Senseocyte and a Stemocyte to test if there are any other swimmers around before reproducing) but I quickly ran out of modes, so I decided to place the optimal amount of swimmers in the first place then just not have them reproduce, instead have them occasionally get rid of their tail and grow a new one(because I needed them to be everlasting).

Uhm.... you know what a SoilMaker is right?
SoilMakers normaly dont reproduce.

But anyways, there is an easy way to make what you wanna.
Make them so they arent immortal. The part that spits out keratinocyte shouldnt be the one who produces food.
Make so they reproduce. Done. This way, they will die of age. The only one who wouldnt die of age would be the one who
makes the soil, but he would die of hunger after the rest of the body died. Even better: make him a keratinocyte, so when the
rest of the creature dies it becames a part of the soil.

Return to “General Discussion”