format for cells

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Emera

Re: format for cells

Post by Emera » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:24 pm

It would be surely interesting to see different shapes, only I'm bit worried that those shapes are common in bacteria, being unicellular organism-a single cell doing all the needed thing.(which the current celllab don't support unless you would have a simple phagocyte /or bit of tweaking for mode oscilliation to achieve different functions at once)

But when it was just for the shapes, not the properties of bacteria, would be interesting to see them,but with a qeustion-How would the adhesin attachment points would be on the atypical shape of the cells when they split and change their shapes?
POTATOCYTE
Paulo_Fera.

Post by Paulo_Fera. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Emera wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:24 pm
but with a qeustion-How would the adhesin attachment points would be on the atypical shape of the cells when they split and change their shapes?

This is a problem, I think it would be necessary to create a new genome editing tool.
Several cells form a tissue,
Several tissues form an organ,
Several organs form a system,
Several systems form a living being,
but none of these alone form anything
Paulo_Fera.

Post by Paulo_Fera. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Emera wrote:
I'm bit worried that those shapes are common in bacteria, being unicellular organism-a single cell doing all the needed thing.(which the current celllab don't support unless you would have a simple phagocyte
mad to do something I call macrofagum-flageladus which is simply the phagocyte with the flagellus. I always say that he is a swimming bacterium.

sorry for the confusing answer i'm not good with the words :mrgreen:
Emera

Post by Emera » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Paulo_Fera. wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:59 pm
Emera wrote:
I'm bit worried that those shapes are common in bacteria, being unicellular organism-a single cell doing all the needed thing.(which the current celllab don't support unless you would have a simple phagocyte
mad to do something I call macrofagum-flageladus which is simply the phagocyte with the flagellus. I always say that he is a swimming bacterium.

sorry for the confusing answer i'm not good with the words :mrgreen:
I guess that is one of the downside of having only specialized cells, being unable to create single mode unicellular organism. x)
The only problem with it is that those kind of cells(right now you've only said phago+flagello but there would be more variations) to be implemented, you need all the different types of mixes /or just have a new cell time bacterium, with the configuratable settings that contains most of the functions of other cells, wouldn't it?

Edit:
I would guess from the way to implement of, the first option of having individual combination would take up too much space on the types, while the second option will make that single type over powered serving the all-in-one trait;thus would need some disadvantages for the leveling(perhaps size reduction/shorter life span and etc)
POTATOCYTE
Paulo_Fera.

Post by Paulo_Fera. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

I do not quite understand what you mean (I think it's the translator's fault) but an image solves everything ... see

Emera

Post by Emera » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Paulo_Fera. wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm
I do not quite understand what you mean (I think it's the translator's fault) but an image solves everything ... see

O_o that was out of my expectation. I thought more of a phagocyte with a tail.(just looking like normal flagellocyte)
POTATOCYTE
Paulo_Fera.

Post by Paulo_Fera. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:56 pm

I was trying to say that this whole fire-flagellum is an organism. As in nature there is no "flagellus" this combination would be a simple bacterium with a flagellum
Paulo_Fera.

Post by Paulo_Fera. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Emera wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm
Paulo_Fera. wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

O_o that was out of my expectation. I thought more of a phagocyte with a tail.(just looking like normal flagellocyte)

this looks like a post I saw previously of a person (I do not remember who) who suggested a cell called eukaryotes that would be the fusion of two cells
Emera

Post by Emera » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 pm

I see!
POTATOCYTE
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Well in my personal perspective, I think it's wise to keep the natural look of the game by only using multicellular organisms instead of unicellular, anyway instead of fusion of 2 cells to make a cell able to be multifunctional, why not just add a section on the genome editor where you can just insert some additional mod/organ/wtv the name is, much like a car upgrade, sorry for the bad design, I made it with no heart what so ever, it probably looks like this
Well, probably its a bit off from what cell lab should supposed to be, the additional features could be something else rather than phago-flagella cell and rendering flagellocyte useless
But as I say, it's better to preserve the preexisting design of the game
The most annoying user in 2019, feel free to ignore