Will it live by then?

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
AaAShmo

Will it live by then?

Post by AaAShmo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:13 pm

Can you please fix the bug where the cell in the genome editor don't match the substrate. I mean if you make a cell that uses photocytes, the genome editor just assumed it dies by then, and makes making cells very difficult, also in the genome editor it shows that some cell will be at this angle and stuff like that, this cell will be bigger than that one, or this one will die. It isn't accurate. Can you please fix these?
0===]==========> AaAShmo <==========[===0
Alast

Re: Will it live by then?

Post by Alast » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm

Why is it a bug? It's the way it's been programmed. The editor can,only give an approximation.

Thinka about it: how would you simulate the energy consumption of Phagocytes/Devorocytes/Glueocyted properly in the editor? It's simply not possible. So you have to make compromises. And those lead to the behavior we're experiencing.

If you know a better way, feel free to share it. I don't see how what you're asking could be done.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm

It's better to test it to configure the settings rather than relying heavily on the editor's predictions.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 pm

Alast wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Why is it a bug? It's the way it's been programmed. The editor can,only give an approximation.

Thinka about it: how would you simulate the energy consumption of Phagocytes/Devorocytes/Glueocyted properly in the editor? It's simply not possible. So you have to make compromises. And those lead to the behavior we're experiencing.

If you know a better way, feel free to share it. I don't see how what you're asking could be done.
I mean like it can be attuned to the substrate settings right? If not then maybe a simulation in the genome editor, or a settings panel in there. The problem is that I can't see higher numbered modes for example: I can see modes 1-10 if I use photocytes (let's say) but not any after that. This severely limits the ability to make cells
0===]==========> AaAShmo <==========[===0
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 am

But cells are there, right? Or do you mean organisms which are made of cells?

The number of cells visible in the editor is limited for memory reasons of mobile devices. Maybe something that will be different with the PC version.

I sometimes face the same problem when making something complex. I help myself by changing the initial cell temporarily to look "deeper" into my genome and its behavior. It still will not be able to mirror the substrate, because think of scarce food chunks. That's why the editor is only an approximation and the substrate is the real environment. You can test there and take the results back into the editor.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!