Probably unpopular but... a skip button

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
JistJak

Probably unpopular but... a skip button

Post by JistJak » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:01 am

Population bottleneck just won't let me enjoy the rest of the game and there's no useful help online. I just want to skip it so i can continue playing this game.
Alast

Re: Probably unpopular but... a skip button

Post by Alast » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 am

The why have content to be unlocked in the first place? ;) And where's the accomplishment then?
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 am

Gamete games are indeed a bit tricky, in fact they have a bad feeback on the player if he doesn't exactly know what he does.

The question often is, did my idea not work, or did the Gamete just not properly transfer it's genes? (because don't forget that they create a random gene combination between both organisms they come from).

Bottleneck basically tells you what to inject (swimming faster). But getting that gene transfered over is a 50% chance.

there might be different ways to solve it, maybe easier ones. But logically the easiest way is needing a cell from the organism on the plate or giving that organism an altered cell of your genome.

And technically this makes you having a 50% chance per gamete merge to get it going correctly, while you only can place 2 cells on the plate. But it still is a bit of a luck roll if in worst case your altered genome doesn't get transfered into the plates organism. So gamete games might need a few tries even if you are sure you did found the right solution.

So my hint is, take an entirely different color for the modified cell, this helps you to quickly visually identify if your attemp worked or not and you can also easilier see how the altered organism takes over the plate.
JistJak

Post by JistJak » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm

It's not just for giving up the challenge. What if someone got a new phone or tablet and they wanted to start where they left off without having to go through each challenge again.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun May 05, 2019 5:23 am

I'm doing just that at the moment ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:42 am

JistJak wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm
It's not just for giving up the challenge. What if someone got a new phone or tablet and they wanted to start where they left off without having to go through each challenge again.
..And that's why I tried my best on understanding the game's mechanics to ease my work and continually progress in-game.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Tue May 07, 2019 8:49 am

JistJak wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm
While i see your point I think there are basically 2 sorts of people at that point:

those who properly understood the game: they will pretty quickly go through these challanges again.

those who have not porperly understood the game, or forgotten most about it: For them it doesn't hurt having to do it all again.