My cell ideas

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Kirtil5

My cell ideas

Post by Kirtil5 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:19 am

1. Inflatocyte
It works with neurocytes/stereocytes/sensocytes like a myocyte but it only expands or deflates. It should reach it maximum size from food faster then other cells for it to do its size changing job, but requires the same or maybe a bit less food then myocyte.
2. Anticyte
Make keratinocyte not immune to virocytes. It should only protect itself and cells from physical attacks. Instead, to deal with viruses, I introduce the anticyte, it makes a new substance called antibodies that will be spread among adhesion connections (glueocytes of parasitic/social organisms can leech them), there can also should be a limit for how many connections it can cross before running out of antibodies, which I say should be 3. Antibodies also cross over to a cells that split, and that counts as adhesion connection that they crossed (m1 100% antibodies => m2 50%, m3 50%). 100% means it got antibodies straight from the anticyte, 50% means it has 1 cell between anticyte and cell, 25% means theres 2 cells between anticyte and cell, and the antibodies can no longer spread out from this cell, if it splits, the antibodies are too little to do any protection against virocytes.
3. Strutocyte
Its like other 'bone' cell suggestions, but instead of being very stiff, it acts and has all the parameters of normal cells, but it cant really do much at all, other then have adhesive connections. It should be incredibly cheap to feed this cell since it does nothing. Maybe it can also be slightly more immune to being crushed since it has no major organelle to protect and as such can be more flexible.

Thanks for reading, do type suggestions for these suggestions, or if they where already suggested. (except from 3 since its obvious it has been suggested many times, but as far as i saw i didnt see anyone suggesting a strut cell that isnt very stiff)
K-man

Re: My cell ideas

Post by K-man » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:52 pm

I see no use in the inflatocyte. The anticyte would sound better as a lymphocyte (b-cells; the ones producing antibodies in real life).
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
Kirtil5

Post by Kirtil5 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:14 pm

oh ok I didn't know they were called that, thought they were just b cells
-Unique Username-

Post by -Unique Username- » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:00 pm

The Lymphocyte would be nice to have
but I would suggest a Antibody System similar to how Nitrates are shared.
whenever a Cell gets attacked by a Virocyte it would first need to lower the Antibody Count to less than 10%.

Antibody production Rate could be an programmable Parameter, which would heavily impact it's Nutrient Consumption.
Automating it based on whether Viruses are present or not would have a large impact on Nutrient Consumption.