We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
EliteMacro_37

Re: Suggestions(Signal/Substances)

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:52 am

Emera wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 am
Alast wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 pm
I think this would make CL way too complicated. Nothing I would want to deal with.
I agree with the fact it will give more complexity to the total gameplay, I thought that it would give much more options for things to play around and make stuffs a bit more interesting.

Since it is a free game(Not saying that its quality is bad, I would really want to donate some money when I get some, it has a fantastic quality as a free game) and it can just be left as a simple game, but I just wanted to suggest this idea that can carry things to the next level.
I'm Pretty much supporting the idea of it being a secondary/additional features
The most annoying user 2019, feel free to ignore
Emera

Post by Emera » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Great that you've liked it.
Got this idea from the thinking of cells interacting with each other through proteins and other substances which sometimes trigger certain region of genes to be toggled~changing the behavior of the cell(might be able to reffer this to the stemeocyte, but moreover it can also be funcrion tweaking such like giving the option sensetivity to the cells using signal), changing the behavior of other substances(breaking harmful compunds down/merging to change the properties), and interacting with the environment around the organism (acidity,non-organic matters,heat,light)

Edit:[ just saying I've got only the basic education in the biology, thus some of my statements might have used inappropriate words that might mislead, so please keep that in mind]

I had assume that all of these functions will be way too much for development/optimizing(especially in mobile devices, would guess it will significantlly drop the performance and take up too much memory for simulating it), so have wrote down the ones that seemed more implementable.
(Now looking at it, it seems like it was still too complex even with this cut off and compression..)
POTATOCYTE
Captain_Pacho

Post by Captain_Pacho » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:42 pm

I think this would be interesting but when you are suggesting some new idea you also should think about computing complexity of all of this , Remove too complex things to compute from idea. I don't like this complexity because it probably would slow down simulation a lot. At least this is just my opinion and if Petter will see it is good enough and would ruin simulation so he would add it ..
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Captain_Pacho wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:42 pm
I think this would be interesting but when you are suggesting some new idea you also should think about computing complexity of all of this , Remove too complex things to compute from idea. I don't like this complexity because it probably would slow down simulation a lot. At least this is just my opinion and if Petter will see it is good enough and would ruin simulation so he would add it ..
True, took time to develop, took RAM to simulate, unless when the time has come where average phones supports 6++ GB RAM
The most annoying user 2019, feel free to ignore
K-man

Post by K-man » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:53 pm

It could be an optional feature. I support it.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein