Stomach Swimmer

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Alast

Re: Stomach Swimmer

Post by Alast » Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Lipase also digests cells :)

And yes, with the new max connection feature you can also regenerate parts of an organism.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Mon May 21, 2018 10:40 am

Still working on this thing. The lipase provides a good challenge. I like the way Alast wired the smart swimmers movement, I think I'm getting close to something worth sharing.
Oh shoot, I need one more mode..
Maybe if I just...
Aand now it's broken and I don't know how to fix it
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Tue May 29, 2018 6:13 am

Okay, here we go, I used Alasts substrate, and I made a genome that can eat and convert food, the reproduction isn't good enough yet, the child stage isn't smart, and the nutrients are too spread out for them to happen across random nutrients to consume. If anyone has suggestions for improvement, let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx38plz7nqxe5 ... trate?dl=0
Maybe if I just...
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue May 29, 2018 7:19 am

I think what would help is reducing the number of cells for the adult organism. E.g. you could spare the Lipocytes on the sides. That way you need less energy to reach adult stage making your offspring grow up faster.

And having your organism create 2 offspring at a time is also more energy intensive than 1 at a time.
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 am

You're right, it still has quite a few cells at adult stage, but I got reproduction working, I removed two of the eggs and replaced them with stereocites. I also spaced out the "wings" with adhesin length.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6mziosglss1q ... trate?dl=0
Maybe if I just...
fungus3

Post by fungus3 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm

It still is very poorly optimized, and dies out within 1000 hours. Walls also wipe it out.
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue May 29, 2018 6:05 pm

And how would you do it better?
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 pm

fungus3 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm
It still is very poorly optimized, and dies out within 1000 hours. Walls also wipe it out.
Yeah, wall avoidance would be as simple as adding two more stereocytes, and two more could do self avoidance, and I wouldn't have to change anything with the neurocytes, I don't think, but I'll have to balance the development to implement it. I was thinking of using an easier substrate and radiation evolving it, but it's already such a sensitive balance with so many cells Im worried any amount of radiation will kill it, I'll try messing with it some more after work.
Maybe if I just...
Sci-fo

Post by Sci-fo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:58 pm

sadly, my tablet stopped working a while back, so im happy to seee that someone else has got the same idea i had. sadly, i never got it finished, but i am working ( now, on a new device) on a way to swallow larger creatures. so could i use yours as a template for the stomach, since mine device i had it on broke? (i will give you the credit for the stomach and idea, just need a new stomach) :D
Massicyte

Post by Massicyte » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 pm

I had this posted as a separate topic because I hadn't seen the thread here lel
Anyway, I tried to make a more compact version of these stomach swimmers. I had to get rid of the ciliocytes, and to compensate that I made the tract thinner so that food would reach the phagocyte faster (and also I had to give it some photocytes at the larva stage, because it just wouldn't split no matter what I did).
It's not perfect but it kinda works?

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5b3yl3wrfly8 ... trate?dl=0
Tell me what you think about it, I would really appreciate if you did that.
Last edited by Massicyte on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Inspirational Quote]