Help with smart things(because I'm not)

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
momoking8289

Re: Help with smart things(because I'm not)

Post by momoking8289 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm

I already gave a link for the genome though. Anyways, that's besides the point. Do you know what's wrong/how to fix it?
momoking8289

Post by momoking8289 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Can anyone help?
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat May 19, 2018 9:37 pm

momoking8289 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm
I already gave a link for the genome though. Anyways, that's besides the point.
Thats actually the point Alast trying to portray. In this forum, you should upload genomes with it's substrate. Its not only for convenience sake, alot of genomes have a specific habitat to live, and some users like me when downloading genomes will get the file's name instead of the genome name (20~ letters and numbers like 23asFd60sajkr....). This make it pratically impossible to view your genome.

Anyway, its like asking people to taste-test the food you made to know whats wrong in it, but instead of giving the people food, you gave them the recipe and ingredients seperated. Not that nice isnt it? :|

Tl:dr Id like to see your organism and try to figure out whats wrong in it, but you need to post the genome inside the substrate instead only the genome or viceversa

Ps. Sorry long rant
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
momoking8289

Post by momoking8289 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:42 pm

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Ill keep this in mind for the futur

Here's the substarte WITH the cell

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4na3jr25nzyxv ... trate?dl=0
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Thank you for understanding :D
Here is what i came up with:https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj22vade6xn2r ... trate?dl=0

My swimmer in black, not really efficient and sometimes the offspring will nuke its own mother head, perhaps higher cytoskeleton will fix that.

Some things to notice about:
-substrate salinity too low, smart organism thrive in high salinity plate and overcome their dumb counterpart via smart turning

-you put both the myocyte and stereocyte values too low. I crank up the myocyte value and stereocyte output

-the main reason they fold up is because of the low adhesin stiffness. Your m2-m3 child have high stiffness but m1 childs (m1-m2) its self has low stiffness, i crank that one up too

-the flagelocyte swim speed is a little bit too fast. The swimmer need some time to bend itself so lowering it down helps

Myo-swimmers arent my best specialty but they can make a pretty interesting family of swimmers. You can try make bendable fins, try out other layout and also use contraction instead of bending would be interesting too

[Edit]
-to make them not light dependent, try switching the photocyte into a low split lipocyte (0.90 ng should be low enough)

-i changed the child split angle to 90° and it works well, they dont nuke eachother head anymore
Last edited by C4pung on Sun May 20, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
momoking8289

Post by momoking8289 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:48 pm

THANK YOU! By changing the things you said, i made my original work! Its a little slow, but it works. THANKS!
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun May 20, 2018 2:37 am

Glad I could help. Good luck making more smart organisms :D
momoking8289

Post by momoking8289 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:13 pm

I took your advice to make them not light dependant, but they only die out. How do i fix this?
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun May 20, 2018 9:57 pm

Oh right, i forgot to tell they need quite alot of mass so the secondary lipos can split (i usually go for 1.53 ng). Try attaching an egg at the stereocyte at 90° angle or the phagocyte, make adhesin, uncheck keep adhesin, and set the appropiate max adhesin connections.

You will have the swimmers make an egg that stay attached to it until they split, yielding a new swimmer
momoking8289

Post by momoking8289 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Cool. MORE PROBLEMS!(huzzah)

I've been trying to make an immune swimmer, but when it mixes with my normal ones, it sometimes makes a phagocyte that just reproduces more of itself. Its shown in the early stage with the purple cells. Its bad because its supposed to he a gamete

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evyy8u4czc5de ... trate?dl=0