64: Nanobot

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
C4pung

64: Nanobot

Post by C4pung » Thu May 17, 2018 12:21 am

Yes this challenge is a superhuman ai difficulty, yes im a scrub at viruses, but can anyone describe like... what i need to do?.

The cancer cells are M1 too I believe, infecting them will also lead to infecting the skin cells. Im really at a dead end here :lol: . My guess is a kind of smart grinder(how do you even make that?) That have a virus module to infect the cancer cells selectively, but really i dont know. Any help?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Alast

Re: 64: Nanobot

Post by Alast » Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 am

You're thinking in the right direction.

You'll need an organism that is ultimately capable of reaching all those cancer cells and heal them. So first think about a way to get your organism across the substrate. Can you think of a way?

Because the normal cells and the cancer cells are of the same type you'll need to think of a mechanism to be selective about which cells to affect by your organism. Here you have options. What come to mind first?

Hope that gets you thinking in the right direction a few steps further and you can take it from there :)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am

I can't beat this level :(
Discovering new things...
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:59 pm

It really is a tough nut to crack.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:04 pm

I have some experience in making smart organism so making a "rover" type of organism that use ciliocytes would be possible. I have a 2x4 smart rover that can crawl on the bottom of a plate with gravity, so it shouldnt be that hard to raise it up abit and attach a virus module. The layout would be like bacteriophages i imagined

But really, i dont have any clue on how the virus should behave :lol: . When i use a test virus, the changed tumor cells will also change all the nearby cells since they are the same modes. Can we get more clues to solve it?

[Edit]
This challenge is really hard. I can grasp the goal and but really dont know how to achieve it.

But, its also super interesting! Ciliocytes really does get shadowed by flagellocytes in terms of functionality to move cells around, so this challenge really make up for that. If i ever solve this challenge, i surely want to make a creation based on this challenge

[Edit 2]
Eureka! I somehow changed the tumor cells into healthy cell just by randomly loading cells into the genome preview and changing it into a virus. I dont know what happened, but im getting there
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Update guys, i still havent able to solve this challenge, but i can feel im really close to getting there. A few things i notice about [possible spoiler alert dont read if you want to solve the challenge by yourself]

It seems that the "skin" parent cells are m8, which produce the m1 skin cells. I found it by loading the tumor cells and look at its modes. One of them is a virocyte (m5), when i make it so it doesnt split and put them into the plate, they change the skin into tumor cells.

Then i go back to the genome editor and found something peculiar, all modes from m1-m7 (except m5) are black (is this intentional? Thank you for making it easier :) ) and by lucky chance i make m8 the initial cell and found out they are the one responsible to produce skin cells, so from the healthy m8 cells i make them in virocytes and they are able to change back the tumors into photocyte :D

So i just make a dumb rover that use gravity to roll the virocyte across the skin, like a microscopic lawnmower. But, after changing all the tumor cells into photocyte, i didnt solve the challenge. Turns out even though the healthy skin cells arent "changed", their genome also been changed by the virocytes. So we need an actual smart rover to solve this challenge.

I also just remembered im really bad at optimizing :lol: . It must be close to impossible to make a bacteriophage-style rover that will have virocyte module go up and down based on tumor detection. I will try to make a dumbrover like the previous lawn mower, but maybe use a swivel module for the virocyte. If it sensed a tumor cell, the myocyte will bend the virocyte down instead of using contraction, the rover speed will be really low to allow more precision. Lets see how it turns out
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Bending Myocytes would be really hard since they have random angles on certain times. Plus, it could potentially hit neighbor skin cells if it were to bend on one side.
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:58 pm

You don't have to worry too hard about the genome of the skin cells. But glad you're having a good time reverse engineering how the substrate got built :-)

What you need to know is the mode of the skin and tumor cells. Now you want to infect the tumor cells to turn into something different (it's actually just about infecting them to consider them "healed") but leave the healthy cells unaffected.

Myocytes are a way to manage to leave the healthy cells alone. Either way you have to be very precise.
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 pm

I successfully changed the cancer cells into a skin cell but it can affect also the healthy skin.
I think we can use the cancer cell to make a smart organism without using the m8,
I think to solve this challenge ( Maybe a spoiler. )a smart cell that can sense color and can move to cancer cells and bring the virocyte to heal them..
and use another mode where the virocyte copy into the victim cell
Last edited by SlowMind on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discovering new things...
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm

You're on the right track :) Keep going.