Fidget Spinner MK2

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Fidget Spinner MK2

Post by Seandoggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:10 pm

You might remember my first topic: the fidget spinner.
Here's one that self destructs when broken and reproduces.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyvh7el7gen3y ... trate?dl=0
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
C4pung

Re: Fidget Spinner MK2

Post by C4pung » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:57 pm

I was pleasantly surprised :o . I know they are fidget spinners and what they do is... well spinning, but after waiting a couple ingame hours they start reproducing and make those devoro-nitrocyte clumps which look pretty interesting.

They also maintain a really stable population and never over crowd the plate (~400 cells or so). The end result was a plate of fidget spinners and clumps of black cells popping in and out of existence. Good stuff :)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Re: Fidget Spinner MK2

Post by Seandoggy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:31 pm

The reason they don't overcrowd and spin is that they can explode into black clouds when damaged, which happens often because of poor birth strategies and outright overcrowding. Also, try and add a m3 virus that copies from itself. It's fun
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)