Kaiba

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Massicyte

Kaiba

Post by Massicyte » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm

I've made a smart organism.
I've called it "Kaiba" in reference to the legendary memory-eating plant from a series with the same name (even though the resemblance is minimal)

Its body is comprised of a simple phagocyte in the center and three smart arms capable of moving and feeding the organism.
If an arm detaches, two things can happen:
-The base of the arm will split and make two new organisms in the process.
-The arm will behave independently from the main body and move on its own.

It's far from perfect, but it's the most complex organism I've created so far.

[EDIT] I forgot to set the flagellocytes' split mass to the maximum, sorry about that. I've edited the genome and added a new link.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/upanl373cf1yb ... trate?dl=0
Last edited by Massicyte on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Inspirational Quote]
C4pung

Re: Kaiba

Post by C4pung » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Firstly, it looks really cool! I really like the color pallete you choose, and the angle of each module making a zig zag pattern. Its also nice you implement the max connection function if Kaiba lose one of its tentacles.

The structure of Kaiba and how it behave is really similiar to my omnis, and because of that they both share the same issue: over saturation. When there is food on the negative side of the stereocyte, the flagellocyte will cease to move, rendering the whole organism immobile until the equilibrium is broken. Perhaps a dumb flagelo module could be used to prevent that?

All in all great organism! Omnis and organism with modules are my favorite and Kaiba fit both categories

Ps. Glad to have you back :)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Kaiba removes flaggelocytes when the flaggelocytes get fed too much
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
Massicyte

Post by Massicyte » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 pm

C4pung wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Firstly, it looks really cool! I really like the color pallete you choose, and the angle of each module making a zig zag pattern. Its also nice you implement the max connection function if Kaiba lose one of its tentacles.

The structure of Kaiba and how it behave is really similiar to my omnis, and because of that they both share the same issue: over saturation. When there is food on the negative side of the stereocyte, the flagellocyte will cease to move, rendering the whole organism immobile until the equilibrium is broken. Perhaps a dumb flagelo module could be used to prevent that?

All in all great organism! Omnis and organism with modules are my favorite and Kaiba fit both categories

Ps. Glad to have you back :)
First of all, thank you for the reply, I appreciate it a lot. I'm happy that you liked my organism!
Now, uhhh
What does "dumb flagelo module" mean? lel
Seandoggy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm
Kaiba removes flaggelocytes when the flaggelocytes get fed too much
Aaaaaaa I forgot to set the flagellocytes' split mass to the max so that they don't split. I'm fixing that now. Thanks for telling me!
[Inspirational Quote]
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:12 am

A Dumb Flagello Module is a single (or multiple) set/s of Flagella that has a certain speed set to displace an organism. It's function is to displace the organism in order for the Stereocytes to detect food on another angle.
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
Massicyte

Post by Massicyte » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:12 am
A Dumb Flagello Module is a single (or multiple) set/s of Flagella that has a certain speed set to displace an organism. It's function is to displace the organism in order for the Stereocytes to detect food on another angle.
Ohh, now I understand. Well, now that I think about it, wouldn't just mirroring the stereocyte solve the problem?

[EDIT] I tried that and this was the result:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qds0adu7hfp0w ... trate?dl=0
(I also turned the nutrient lumpiness to the max because I thought it would be beneficial for the organism)
[Inspirational Quote]