"Sandbox" Mode.

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
ZeekHM

"Sandbox" Mode.

Post by ZeekHM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:26 am

Is there any way to edit a config file and get EVERY cell without doing the challenges? Sort of like a sandbox mode? If not, would you consider adding it?
Alast

Re: "Sandbox" Mode.

Post by Alast » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:39 am

I think the challenges mostly are a way to make sure you get familiar with the cells you're going to play with. After all this is Cell Lab: Evolutionary Sandbox ;-)

The challenges to unlock cells shouldn't be too hard.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
ZeekHM

Post by ZeekHM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:07 am

[quote=Alast post_id=26450 time=1530596379 user_id=38
The challenges to unlock cells shouldn't be too hard.
[/quote]

It is extremely hard, since there's little documentation tutorial wise. I've spent 3 weeks
Staring at the balloons level to no avail, since I have no clue how to use the naerocyte, the tips give me nothing to work with and the spoiler as well. If Cell Lab is meant to be easy, we need documentation!
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

It's not meant to be easy. In fact it has the steepest learning curve I've ever seen in a mobile game. That's what makes it so amazing! This isn't Candy Crush :) The game is really meant to make your brain work. It also says so in the description.

If you need help on a certain challenge, like Balloons, check out the Challenge Discussion forum. Balloons has been discussed there several times. Also you can check out bwisialo's youtube channel, where all the main challenges are being walked through.

/edit: Tutorial IV does give you an introduction to Neurocytes.
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:54 am

Tuturial IV? Trash. I spent an entire year solving balloons, not understanding neuros. At that time, there was no such thing as the CL forum for me. I ended up understanding neuros. Somewhat.
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:23 am

Seandoggy wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:54 am
Tuturial IV? Trash. I spent an entire year solving balloons, not understanding neuros. At that time, there was no such thing as the CL forum for me. I ended up understanding neuros. Somewhat.
Took me almost 2 year to understand virocytes, and i still dont really understand how to use neurocytes as oscilators :P

Btw how about a sandbox mode where all cells have full mass and nitrates and the split by cell age instead of mass. But i dont really see the use in that either :/
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 am

The experimental substrate itself is already a sandbox though.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 am

Hm, that tutorial worked for me. How would you do it differently? If you think it's trash maybe you can help make it better.
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:47 am

Alast wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am
It's not meant to be easy. In fact it has the steepest learning curve I've ever seen in a mobile game. That's what makes it so amazing! This isn't Candy Crush :) The game is really meant to make your brain work. It also says so in the description.
This is very true and the exact reason why I love this game so much.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if there was a way to save progress. It took me a while to unlock all the cell types after a year of not playing the game but it was worth it and wasn't that bad. I got stuck on one of the challenges for a while but I just kept trying and succeeded.
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am

That's the spirit :)