"Sandbox" Mode.

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
H4yw1r3

Re: "Sandbox" Mode.

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:16 pm

I just really ran out of ideas. One of the reason I haven't played with CL for a while.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 pm

The challenges that unlock new cells are designed to only require the most basic usage of earlier unlocked cell types. I've considered having a way to unlock them all without completing challenges but figured that if one can not solve the challenges one would not be able to enjoy the different cell types anyway. That would just lead to a different kind of disappointment in not being able to use the cells. I figured this way one is forced to learn how they work and one has to focus ones attention to one new cell type at a time in a systematic way, hopefully learning how they work and unlocking new cells.
BrickCopter

Post by BrickCopter » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 pm

The challenges are flipping hard im stuck on digestion give me a download to give me a solution i want sand box mode because of this -_-
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 am

This still isn't a valid reason for Sandbox Mode, though I kinda like the concept of it. As Petter said, you'll be left with new cell types with no knowledge to it or be forced to learn it through the challenges.

Regarding Digestion, experiment with the new secretion type called 'Lipase' from the Secrocytes.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 am

Also, demanding a solution to be handed to you won't get you far here.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
BrickCopter

Post by BrickCopter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Im sad
BrickCopter

Post by BrickCopter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Now i get it!
So i only know from photocyte to gameocyte if i get more than i won't understand the cells, Right?
ElNico5

Post by ElNico5 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:10 pm

In a nutshell, the idea of unlocking them is that you know how it works so you can use it properly later on
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 am

BrickCopter wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 pm
The challenges are flipping hard im stuck on digestion give me a download to give me a solution i want sand box mode because of this -_-
but digestion isn't actually hard it is just a rather simple swimmer with jus all the cells you ned to make it as simple as all the cells required to uncoat, survive the lipase, eat and swim.

The only moment that many challanges have where to be accurate is when your cells should divide and placing them right because they might need the correct location for the early instant food boost.

what took me long to understand is als, that a lipocyte is basically a better "start" as it simply has more nutrient, since it is filled and that those nutrients stored and cell split rates need to be dealt with differently.