another bug in neurocity

Here we report bugs in the beta.
Alast

Re: another bug in neurocity

Post by Alast » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Ok, this does look strange. You're right, it's definitely something Petter should look into.

It works fine when it's only 2 cells but 3 in this constellation of Nr-Pg-Bu doesn't.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:47 am

I modified a little bit your genome, and I change the M3's split angle to 90° and i change the number of adhesin connection to 2 adhesin connection. and it works, maybe the problem is signal substance decreases as it travels through phagocyte going to the buoyocyte?
start small DREAM BIG
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:06 pm

I do not think this is a bug. Although unfortunate, it is the intended behaviour. The neurocyte just outputs signals substance based on it's parameters and the current levels. For certain parameters it will oscillate and you are encouraged to edit the parameters themselves. However, it is a bit too tedious for some so I have provided the "oscillator preset" that sets the values in a way that will under many circumstances start an oscillation with the approximate period. However, what actually happens depends on how many cells the neurocyte is connected to, how many cells they are connected to and so forth. This is the reason the number of connected cells has to be indicated. To get it precise one would have to indicate the whole topology of the organism. It also depends on initial signal substance level, any other cells generating signal substances, any lipocytes blocking and so forth. The behavior at long oscillations is particularly sensitive to these things.
DaCellMan

Post by DaCellMan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm

(I'm new to the cell lab)I tried to create a smart swimmer but stereocyte won't produce anything after the creature splits into 6 cells.
WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 pm

DaCellMan wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm
(I'm new to the cell lab)I tried to create a smart swimmer but stereocyte won't produce anything after the creature splits into 6 cells.
Welcome~! (^_^)
I suggest that you should post a new topic in General discussion or Showcase of our creations. Put the link of substrate with your swimmer on your new topic so that we can give a better suggestions and comments for you.
Here is the posting guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4043
Ya~