40:Digestion

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
Forevermangome

40:Digestion

Post by Forevermangome » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:21 am

(o) Hi, I am having trounble with this challenge. I can't really get my secrocyte to work. I have tried the constructs in the tutorial videos but still failed to even get my first generation to survive.
I have tried to get a lipocyte to differentiate into a secrocyte head and a phagocyte (A), linked by adhesine. The phagocyte (A) will then split into a flagellocyte tail and another phagocyte core (B) immediately as I set the split mass of (A) quite low... This construct dies out so quickly that I don't think any substrate on the plate was consumed...
Any suggestions ... And I tried to import genome from other users but it seems not working at all... So I guess I have to make a viable strain myself...
Alast

Re: 40:Digestion

Post by Alast » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:02 am

It's often best to keep your split mass at the default 2.54 or sometimes even set it higher. You will not produce quite as much offspring that way but it has a much higher chance to survive.

Also, consider changing your first Phagocyte (the one that still needs to split into Flagellocyte and Phagocyte) into another Lipocyte splitting after 0.5h.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!