Coexistence

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
Nayus

Coexistence

Post by Nayus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 am

Coexistence

Difficulty: Superhuman AI

Progress: Optional Challenge

Description: Can you get over 400 cells during 50 h on this substrate by just adding one initial cell?

Win Conditions: A population of 400 or more cells that holds for 50.0h or more.

Hint: You will need your initial cell to divide into two cells with different functions.

Substrate:
A mix of the substrates of Macrophages and Algae. It has nutrient chunks and a source light, although its salinity and viscosity would not allow either diet alone to be enough to get the numbers

General Strategy: A basic strategy is to have a mode split into 2 modes, and have each one be the best possible candidate to use each energy source then wait for the perfect spawn point. The Photocyte will be the population that holds the stronger numbers and the Phagocyte should be consistent enough to hold a steady population for the 50h required.

Record Solution: ?
wapcaplet

Re: Coexistence

Post by wapcaplet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:12 am

This challenge gave me some difficulty at first. I had trouble getting separate populations of photocytes and phagocytes to be sustainable. If I created the two populations only once, from the initial cell, then there was no way to recover if one of them (usually phagocytes) failed to get going.

For me the key was to think of my organism as an energy converter: it absorbs light, grows larger, and converts excess energy into phagocyte cells, which can then spread themselves across the substrate. This allows the growing photocytes to keep spawning new phagocytes, keep their population alive indefinitely.

I did this with three modes:

M1 photocyte = M1 + M2
M2 photocyte = M1 + M3
M3 phagocyte = M3 + M3

It may help to adhesin M1+M2, if the phagocytes are bumping your photocytes out of the light. Adjusting split angles will help optimize your organism too, especially to help the phagocytes spread around better.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:51 am

My solution contains 10 modes, in which those modes are only present to further delay the population boom of the Phagocytes. This way the Photocytes can make a stable count before the Phagocyte's population suddenly increase.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Pixlo8

Post by Pixlo8 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 pm

This one is easy to overcomplicate. All you gotta do is optimise for the most cells. By this I mean A) give the photocytes a lower split mass and B) give the phagocytes an efficient split angle (90°) and you should be good.
Screenshot_2018-12-06-18-39-26.png
https://mega.nz/#!1lAjWYLK!EANsxzoB45_w ... hruOWqhk5o