Macrophages IV

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
Nayus

Macrophages IV

Post by Nayus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 am

Macrophages IV

Difficulty: PhD

Progress: Optional Challenge

Description: The environment of this challenge is less friendly than the previous one. Can you nevertheless get 300 cells?
This requires some serious optimization of your cells. Note that all challenges do not have to be solved to progress in the game

Win Conditions: 300 or more User cells with 30 or less inserted

Hint: Having trouble solving some of the challenges and need some inspiration? Let evolution do the job for you! Go to the Challenges tab of the main menu and make a long press on this challenge to open it in experimental mode. Put the solution you found in Macrophages III on the substrate (you can save and load genomes in the genome editor).
Now start the simulation and you should have some cells multiplying in the environment. If you now increase the radiation level from 0 to slightly above 0 the cells will start mutating and soon you will have more cells than you started with since they have adapted to their environment. Once they reach the required limit you can copy a cell to the genome editor, save it, and use it in this challenge

General Strategy: Optimize the solution of Macrophages III. Split Angles, Split Ratios, Child Angles, and Split mass are good places to start

Record Solution: ?
xoid

Re: Macrophages IV - solution

Post by xoid » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:03 am

Make good swimmer which can reach 200 at least
Start empty dish to fill it with food. Freeze.
Put one swimmer in it, switch to Task page. Start.
Wait until they reach 200, freeze.
Put left 29 cells to free space, especially above food grains. Start.

This kind you will reach about 280 cells. Repeat from zero until you will lucky to get 300. Win.
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 pm

xoid wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:03 am

This kind you will reach about 280 cells. Repeat from zero until you will lucky to get 300. Win.
This seems not to work. How are you people building your swimmers?

I did the most simple swimmer for the previous mission, one that splits into a Fl and PG, where the Pg splits a new cell towadrds the front from which a new swimmer will start existing.
If going by the hint, and putting that swimmer into the experimental mode of the IV stage and putting radiation to 0,003 I see the organism change but never having one appear that seems to be an evolutionary step forward ( numbers are between 170 and 210) even after 90khours. If I set radiation more high like 0,025 all I got was even a reduction of numbers at aroudn 140-170 at around 60khours. So it feels like "evolution" doesn't actually evolve I my plate.
Alast

Re: Macrophages IV

Post by Alast » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Evolution favors an organism that can sustain a higher cell count over time in the long run. What you need here is a single high peak.

My solution splits sideways forming a triangle before the new M1 has enough mass to spkit off into a new swimmer. Maybe that'll help you?
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:59 pm

Alast wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm
Evolution favors an organism that can sustain a higher cell count over time in the long run. What you need here is a single high peak.

My solution splits sideways forming a triangle before the new M1 has enough mass to spkit off into a new swimmer. Maybe that'll help you?
Not sure, it is for me to figure out how to make evolution work.

It looks like split angle is hardly altered by evolution, I had after like 110khours some attemps that sticked a third Phago at the front and rarely any that splitone slightly in a different angle, but those didn't make it.

the same is if you make a entirely empty evolution game with a photocyte (light at the top) I never saw them evolve by split-sticking and then having any species swimmer appear. most evolutions end up in a phago swarming the bottom and mid area, and mostly the photos start to wipe once a devour appears as it kilsl off all the top then some devours are left at the mod of the plate and the phagos around. And if swimmers happen, they are never a self sufficient species as the never seem to slit off initial cells, insteas the shooters that do appear shoot of sole cells or sole swimmers that die rather quickly.

So doing some evolution attemps and trying to "adaption to the environment" as the Macro IV says is nothing I seem to get to work in any evolution attemps I did.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:02 am

The substrate of Macrophages IV does not support a sustained population of 300 cells. However, you only need to reach that number once. That's why evolution is not going to solve this challenge for you.

An organism that initially peaks at 250 and sustains 200 cells will outperform an organism that peaks at 300 and sustains 150. That's how evolution favors the first organism while you actually want the second for the challenge.
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:39 am

But doesn't that make the entire hint useless?

[... deleted for derailing from the thread's topic ...]
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:47 pm

That's actually a general hint about being able to copy the substrate into experimental mode. But you're right, in this particular case it is somewhat misleading.
RealOfficialTurf

Post by RealOfficialTurf » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:19 pm

xoid wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:03 am

This works. Just wait for the peaks, then place the rest of the cell on food dots.

I found out that prioritizing phagocytes (letting flagellocytes die first and leaving phagocytes alive) increases cell count.
I think this is what happens to developing countries with high rate of unemployment.