Symbiosis

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
Nayus

Symbiosis

Post by Nayus » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Symbiosis

Difficulty: Mad Scientist

Progress: Optional challenge

Description: Most plants in the legume family live in symbiosis with nitrogen fixating bacteria called rhizobia living in their root systems. The bacteria provides nitrogen to the plants while the plants provide nutrients to the bacteria.
On this substrate we have a couple of very tiny plants of the legume family. Unfortunately their rhizobia was killed by a virus and the plants as a result have stopped growing due to lack of nitrogen.
Can you design some new organisms to take the role of the rhizobia?

Win Conditions: 38 or more challenge cells with 1 cell inserted

Hint: Glueocytes can help transfer nutrients between different species
BrickCopter

Re: Symbiosis

Post by BrickCopter » Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Ive tryed multiple things to do this challenge But yet everything i try fails so i need help on this,
Post anything that got the challenge complete. And i will try it
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 pm

You'll want to make sure both stems on the substrate are provided with nitrogen through adhesin connections.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
BrickCopter

Post by BrickCopter » Thu May 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Alast wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 pm
You'll want to make sure both stems on the substrate are provided with nitrogen through adhesin connections.
What cells do i need and what does it look like?
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 pm

A cell that produces nitrogen. A cell to connect. And a way to provide both stems with that produced nitrogen.

The 2 cells should be obvious. The delivery to both stems is up to your creativity.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
RealOfficialTurf

Reaching 2 stems with 1 cell

Post by RealOfficialTurf » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm

A simple cell that splits to glueocyte and nitrocyte is enough to help one stem to grow.
But you can only place one cell. The real challenge is to reach both stems from one cell.
There are 2 ways to reach the other stem:
1. Make a cell that grows a "rod" that extends far enough to reach the second stem, or
2. Make a cell that grows a swimmer that swims to the second stem.
The first one is harder. You have to make sure the rod doesn't buckle under pressure. Put the adhesin strength and length to max.
The second one is easier. Once the cell got enough energy from the stem, grow a Glueocyte-Flagellocyte swimmer. The glueocyte hooks to another stem, then grows another nitrocyte.