Digestion

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
JavenAnimations

Re: Digestion

Post by JavenAnimations » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Can someone give me a working version of this cycle because all of my versions including the ones from the tutorials don't work like before and i cant get them to work! Help or a cell download would be nice.
Gabriel Stark

Post by Gabriel Stark » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am

randomjax wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:57 pm
I need some help with this. Ive built a genome that should theoretically work but doesnt.

M1-M2-M3 Lipocyte makes adhesin
M2-M4-M5 Lipocyte, makes adhesin
M3-M6-M7Lipocyte, makes adhesin
M4Flagellocyte
M5Secrocyte
M6Keratinocyte
M7-M7M1Phagocyte doesnt make adhesin.

In the end it looks like
4-5-6-7, but it dies fairly quickly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theoretically as you say this won`t work because the lipocytes are wasting the weight dividing - which explains your case.
By the way the solution is easy to make but you need a lot of luck for it to work(trust me, I was stuck here for 5 months :)):

M1(make adhesin)(very low split mass) - Phagocyte: M2 - Flagellocyte(never split) and M3
M3(make adhesin)(low split mass) - Phagocyte: M4 and M5(never split) - Secrocyte
M4(make adhesin) - Phagocyte: M6 and M7(never split) - Keratinocyte
M6(split angle set to vertical)(very high split mass) - Phagocyte: M6(keep adhesin)(child 1 angle relative to mother about 255* - you`ll see) and M1(don`t)

and that is it. Read carefully, its the solution
A_curtain

Post by A_curtain » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:29 am

I need a answer that gives the genome and gives a walkthrough of how it works because for me when the phagocyte make a flagellacyte the phagocyte just farts and i have tried all the solutions and none of them have worked :(
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Have you tried playing around with the Secrocyte?

Secrocyte is one of the unique cell types because it can secret substances. These substances can be signals (S1, S2, S3,... ) or other stimulus (Food, Wall,... ). Secrocyte can only prodcue one of the selected substance in such large amounts. It cannot be changed by triggering it in the plate. Its substance can only be changed once engineered in the Genome Tab, meaning it doesn't belong to Sensory Cells that has a receive-and-react response.

These Secrocytes have a certain substance called Lipase. Lipase is built to melt fats from the food particles in the plate. Due to it being strong enough to rip off fatty coatings, it is also dangerous to cells in contact with. It gives it a slow poisoning effect to those who come in contact with it. Prolonged exposure could later on lead to ruptures and deaths of cells (Exception to Keratinocyte, which is built for protection).

Try playing around with Lipase-Secreting Secrocytes. Put it somewhere in your organism so that fats in the food bits will be melted and then the Phagocyte will then eat it. I do recommend placing it somewhere safe where other cells can't touch the Secrocyte.
A_curtain wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:29 am
... i have tried all the solutions ...
Well, there's definitely a solution to this challenge. If you did tried all of them, you should've finished it right now. By the looks of things, I don't think that's the case.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:11 pm

A_curtain wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:29 am
I need a answer that gives the genome and gives a walkthrough of how it works because for me when the phagocyte make a flagellacyte the phagocyte just farts and i have tried all the solutions and none of them have worked :(
The difficulty is definitely a big jump if players didn't take time and got familiar with some detail tuning (like tuning split ratio, angles, nutrient priority, adhesin length, etc). There are tons of solutions to this and some are pretty weird as described in previous replies, such as using one cell flashing/farting technique to switch back and forth between Secrocyte and Phagocyte, breaking down lipids and propelling itself at the same time (a Secrocyte/Phagocyte hybrid cell so to speak). If you only want to pass this level without tinkering yourself, this is probably the fastest since it only involves 2 modes.
M1 Secrocyte -> M2 M2, split mass slides left to absolute minimum, and split ratio slides left to around 0.2/0.8 but not all the way
M2 Phagocyte -> M1 M1, both split mass and split ratio slide to the left extreme, so it will "flash" right back to M1 (the child 1 mode actually doesn't matter)
if you want them to spread out more evenly you can change the M1 children angles so they don't line up. The M2's child 2 angel will determine the "propel" direction, if the angel is not 0, it will wonder in a circle, usually a tiny angel is enough (like 15 degree) for it to not stuck on the wall.

However, I think the easiest way to pass this level with few tinkering and continue the design logic from previous hints, is to just use basic 3 cells swimmer with middle spawn. Lipase actually doesn't hurt a normal cell that quickly (with normal nutrient priority). As long as the reproducing Phagocyte cell can split and spawn a new cell, its injury will be reduced. Hence a rapid middle cell spawning swimmer that can spew many offspring quickly, not only can help reducing the nutrient requirement but also increase the possibility of getting functional offspring with higher population density and collectively digesting lipids faster. There is a video of how to do this, just pay attention to how to control the middle cell angel, and the swimming speed.

(Another easy way is to increase the adhesin length and keep the Secrocyte and Phagocyte with enough distance for it to be safe for longer period of time, but players probably need to have more understanding in how adhesin links are inherent between cell split though).

Gabriel Stark wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theoretically as you say this won`t work because the lipocytes are wasting the weight dividing - which explains your case.
By the way the solution is easy to make but you need a lot of luck for it to work(trust me, I was stuck here for 5 months :)):

M1(make adhesin)(very low split mass) - Phagocyte: M2 - Flagellocyte(never split) and M3
M3(make adhesin)(low split mass) - Phagocyte: M4 and M5(never split) - Secrocyte
M4(make adhesin) - Phagocyte: M6 and M7(never split) - Keratinocyte
M6(split angle set to vertical)(very high split mass) - Phagocyte: M6(keep adhesin)(child 1 angle relative to mother about 255* - you`ll see) and M1(don`t)

and that is it. Read carefully, its the solution
As to the middle cell split spawning offspring. I think its child 1 (or the cell that remain in the same place) angle is better to set at 90 degree instead of 270 (if split angle is 90). A 270 degree will reset back the cell orientation so the spawning cell will always be at the same side, but a 90 degree angle will flip the cell and spew offspring on both sides. This has the benefit of spreading offspring evenly, as well as making the parent creature to swirl and travel in a snake pattern, increasing its coverage along the travelling path and allowing more digested food to be left behind.

Going for 4 cells swimmer, I think it will be better for the initial cell to spit to Secrocyte and Phagocyte first, instead of Flagellacyte and Phagocyte. Since there is no digested food to begin with, it would be pointless to swim and wasting energy. This challenge has high enough food density to have a decent chance for the initial Secrocyte and Phagocyte to cover enough food dots to grow, and then split to have a Flagellacyte cell to move around. This way the new offspring cell mass doesn't need to be too high and still has a decent chance to grow into 3 cells, and then to a 4 cells stable creature. (essentially a 3 stage growth). Another thing can be used to optimize creatures is to reduce the Keratinocyte nutrient priority and increase the Secrocyte nutrient priority as long as Keratinocyte can stay alive. Keratinocyte can be pretty tiny and still able to act as a barrier, and larger more nutrient Secrocyte can digest food faster.

That being said, I still managed to tune the parameters for the initial Flagellacyte and Phagocyte split to work. Although the starting location needs to be picked very carefully with enough coated food ahead and around. I've used evolution to fine tune some of the nutrient priority just a bit and can get to a decent cell count (about 300).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgjrwhzmbyh80 ... trate?dl=0
OatmealMan

Post by OatmealMan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 am

Oof