Deception

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
countingtls

Re: Deception

Post by countingtls » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:18 am

DMessham wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:25 pm
I have spent an hour trying this level,
does anyone have a . Genome file for one
Just an hour? Don't give up so fast...this one is actually not that hard if you at least complete most of the earlier challenges.

As people mentioned above, the easiest solution for this is Flagellocyte-Secrocyte-Glueocyte. Personally I feel it is easier to use Devorocyte as seed cell with high enough split mass, and able to instantly grow a 3-cells swimmer. And remember to make Flagellocyte cell swims much slower to conserve energy as well as allowing the "victims" to catch up.

Another easy solution is to not move your cell at all, use Lipocyte to store energy and place them near food cluster at the beginning. Then just lure the victims with food smell Secrocyte. Only spread offspring with basic swimmer, like a spore.
K-man

Post by K-man » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:38 pm

DMessham wrote:
Watch the walkthrough.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
DMessham

Post by DMessham » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 am

countingtls wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:18 am
DMessham wrote:
Just an hour? Don't give up so fast...this one is actually not that hard if you at least complete most of the earlier challenges.

As people mentioned above, the easiest solution for this is Flagellocyte-Secrocyte-Glueocyte. Personally I feel it is easier to use Devorocyte as seed cell with high enough split mass, and able to instantly grow a 3-cells swimmer. And remember to make Flagellocyte cell swims much slower to conserve energy as well as allowing the "victims" to catch up.

Another easy solution is to not move your cell at all, use Lipocyte to store energy and place them near food cluster at the beginning. Then just lure the victims with food smell Secrocyte. Only spread offspring with basic swimmer, like a spore.
Thanks! I will try this later
Yell245

Post by Yell245 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 am

Hello, guys, i need your help, i created genome for this level. First creature can survive, but daughter M3 dies. Here's genome: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc3jvgat3dg75 ... enome?dl=0
RedShift

Post by RedShift » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 am

Is the behavior of swimmers in deception is normal? it seems like they are aggressively wiggling :?:
Uhmmmm...
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:39 am

That's the challenge. You have to adapt to their level of efficiency.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
RedShift

Post by RedShift » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:32 pm

I thought the update affects their adhesin strength :lol:
Uhmmmm...
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Yell245 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 am
Hello, guys, i need your help, i created genome for this level. First creature can survive, but daughter M3 dies. Here's genome: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc3jvgat3dg75 ... enome?dl=0
This late in the challenges the preview is no longer representing what would have happened, the M1 and M3 Phagocyte is assumed to have constant energy input in a food-rich environment which it isn't the case here.

Your M5 split at 2.41 mass in half (split ratio 0.5), and generate an egg M1 Phagocyte cell with a mass half of that at 1.21 (normally a bit higher but not much), and the egg split immediately again in half to M2 and M3 with about 0.6 mass each. This tiny M2-M3 hatchling most likely would die very quickly since you set M2 with max Nutrient Priority, and M2 flagellocyte will take the mass/energy from M3 to burn when it swims. When a cell (M3) drops below 0.5 mass, it will just vanish, and since the environment is very sparse with food particles and have existing organisms constantly consuming food, the chance is very slim for the hatchling to reach a food particle in such short swim distance before its M3 dies.

To fix it, you can increase the M5 split mass and its split ratio to favor M1, so the new egg will have a heavier starting mass. Also, drop the swim force and M2 flagellocyte nutrient priority and the M1 egg's split ratio so the hatchling doesn't swim too fast using too much energy, and can travel and survive for much longer. And personally I would change M1 to secrocyte and M3 to glueocyte, so the hatchling can have more attraction as well as have a chance to be attached to other organisms to leech energy, hence its split mass can be set higher and later becomes a much healthier long-lived grown-up. And finally, you can change the M5 's children split angles (and M5's own angle by changing the M3's children 2 split angle), so the hatchlings will spread out more evenly in all directions.

This is the modification applying the above suggestions and with the right starting location close to enough preys near the center of the dish, it will pass this level.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jvfnu4khg2hq ... enome?dl=0
WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:33 am

I am not sure if someone already made this before.

You can use a glueocyte with only one mode to solbe this challenge.
But you need to wait so long. The time of waiting for it is even much longer than creating it.
Ya~
MishkaGXYT

Post by MishkaGXYT » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:51 pm

You can just make a gluocyte parasite thing