bug after downloading substrate

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Sydygaliev

bug after downloading substrate

Post by Sydygaliev » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:43 pm

when I download the substrate it is completely empty!I use bluestacks 4.
Sorry for bad english :) ,i from Kyrgyzstan.
EliteMacro_37

Re: bug after downloading substrate

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes, I experienced that too, the cause of this, probably, is because you've installed Dropbox (probably),
Here's a step how to download a substrate if you have this issue...

If you have Dropbox, go to the download link you want and it will redirect you to Dropbox application (If uploader uses Dropbox), when it shows the file, just touch the button with the icon of "triple dots" (south east) and then choose "export" and save it to your device, don't use "open with" or it will just load a blank substrate
Soon, the substrate you select will be downloaded, after downloading go to your file or storage or file manager or whatever the name is and go to "download" file on device storage and soon your substrate will be automatically opened, or if it says "open with", choose "cell lab", or if it gets more complicated, just choose "text", then "cell lab",

Or you can just long press the download link and choose "open in new tab" (if you use Chrome) and switch to the new tab then close the ad begging you to download Dropbox even when you have DrOPbOX by clicking the cross icon (north east), then after a while there will be a "triple dot' button (north east, same location as the cross), touch it and choose direct download, open the file and your done!

(Sorry if I made this too complicated, I wander tho why Google drive sometimes doesn't work and why noone uses MeDIAfIrE)
The most annoying user 2018, feel free to ignore
Sydygaliev

Post by Sydygaliev » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:59 pm

This way working on PC or on android?
Sydygaliev

Post by Sydygaliev » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:30 am

thanks for the advice! :)
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 am

Moved to General Discussions.

Cell Lab is not made for PC, so it's hardly a bug if something doesn't work on an emulator ;-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!