Cell lab arcade game (Substrate Invaders)

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
drowemos

Cell lab arcade game (Substrate Invaders)

Post by drowemos » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:48 pm

A recent floater design I made recently reminded me of the enemies in the old arcade game, space invaders. That got me thinking it would be fun to create a ecosystem with floater and turrets that shot them down. At first the turret were automated but then I wounder if I could actually make an arcade game with Cell lab. This is the result:

The turret at the bottom is controlled by cell-boost:

Turn left - Boost the purple cell
Turn right - Boost the green cell
Fire weapon - Boost either red cell.

Your weapon is a kinetic weapon at short range that becomes a chemical weapon at long range. The kinetic weapon will single shot kill newly born enemies, but it is useless on adults. To kill an adult you have to hit it with your chemical weapon about 3 times over a short period.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yayvf9khr6pj0 ... trate?dl=0

Game works best on tables that have bigger screens. Hitting those little cells on a phone is a pain.
wapcaplet

Re: Cell lab arcade game (Substrate Invaders)

Post by wapcaplet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:56 am

Ha, this is brilliant! I had a lot of fun playing it. They reproduced a couple times before I could get them all. It is a little finicky on a phone screen but still doable.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:06 am

Oh, what a fun idea! Took me a while to get them all :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
MikPluis

Post by MikPluis » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:21 am

What an amazing idea! :lol: I've tried it two times, the first time it was hard because I didn't know how it worked exectly, but the second time it was not very dificult and they didn't reproduce.
(o) s are amazing
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 am

The only thing that made the game hard is its angles having Snap Values. Earlier the floater was inbetween of two angles, making it impossible for me to hit it for a while. Lucky for me, it produced an egg, making it the bridge between the HCN and the floater.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.