Bees colony

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Steeletto

Re: Bees colony

Post by Steeletto » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:11 pm

WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:25 am

Steeletto wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:11 pm
This is the complete substrate
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ha1ln61zdlifc ... trate?dl=0
So good. I am so wet.
Ya~
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:34 am

Though there were some complications with the plant's development process, everything else is operational. Outstanding system you've built in this circular world.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:37 am

After reviewing all the genetic modes, I can say that the similarity of workers and the caretaker is really superficial, and no room to squeeze them in the same genetic line.

If I was trying to convert them in an allow cell aging world, the only way I can think of sustaining and reproducing caretakers is combining part of the beehive structure itself with caretaker reproduction, several slow growing edge nests that reproduce a new M1 caretaker egg with the same cycle as caretaker aging (or using sensors on the beehive structure to trigger signals from number of worker eggs and generate new one when necessary). This might also help with the beehive structure renewal process so it too can stay alive with cell aging on. Another problem is the reproduction rate of the bottom flowers, it might not be fast enough if cell aging is turned on, I find that sometimes a flower will fail mid-way in development and leave cell corpses and causing wide gap between flowers while still generating enough S3 signal between them to disable new flower gamete to form in-between. I imagine this will be more problematic with cell aging on generating even more cell corpses. The workers are probably the most stable of them all, and can survive in a food clump concentrated setup as long as the eggs hatching mechanism can be triggered. Overall, very good job indeed.
Yell245

Post by Yell245 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 am

My bees don't reproduce.hive has 3.60 mass and doesn't do anything
Steeletto

Post by Steeletto » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 am

Yell245 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 am
My bees don't reproduce.hive has 3.60 mass and doesn't do anything
If you share a substrate maybe I could help you