Freshwater aquarium

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
CLmelonshark

Freshwater aquarium

Post by CLmelonshark » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:39 am

Freshwater aquarium based on my real life one, all organisms are based on real species. I sent the wrong link last time and I am sending the right one.https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjotbwclxkyh5 ... trate?dl=0

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLMalzbvEDc[/youtube]
Last edited by CLmelonshark on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CLMelonshark[youtube][/youtube]
Judas

Re: Freshwater aquarium

Post by Judas » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm

I requested access to the download from Google Drive.
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Or maybe share it on dropbox like most people here.
CLmelonshark

Post by CLmelonshark » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:39 pm

countingtls wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Or maybe share it on dropbox like most people here.
Ok I'll try
CLmelonshark

Post by CLmelonshark » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Judas wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm
I requested access to the download from Google Drive.
you can now use dropbox
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Although the fishes and seaweeds don't interact with each others at all, but as set pieces for an aquarium it is perfectly ok.

There are some glitches though, like the smaller fish can get stuck between seaweeds and starve to death, and larger fish can collide with each other on the edge and stuck there for a long while. And probably would look less empty with a smaller dish or a higher cell count maximum. All and all a decent creation.
CLmelonshark

Post by CLmelonshark » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:05 pm

countingtls wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 pm
Although the fishes and seaweeds don't interact with each others at all, but as set pieces for an aquarium it is perfectly ok.

There are some glitches though, like the smaller fish can get stuck between seaweeds and starve to death, and larger fish can collide with each other on the edge and stuck there for a long while. And probably would look less empty with a smaller dish or a higher cell count maximum. All and all a decent creation.

Thanks! I recently just discovered this forum and I wanted to give my best creation that I've made so far. Also, the seaweed are not seaweed. They are based on Vallis. spirallis which is freshwater. The small fish getting stuck glitch is something I had tried to fix, but the only way I knew is either coaxing them with smell or picking them up.
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm

CLmelonshark wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:05 pm
countingtls wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks! I recently just discovered this forum and I wanted to give my best creation that I've made so far. Also, the seaweed are not seaweed. They are based on Vallis. spirallis which is freshwater. The small fish getting stuck glitch is something I had tried to fix, but the only way I knew is either coaxing them with smell or picking them up.
Maybe an added sensor/stereocyte for detecting walls will help. Most got stock at the bottom between "leaves", and it will work for the larger fish as well to not bump into walls or at least has a tendency to turn around.