Neurocyte Update

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
CellMan

Neurocyte Update

Post by CellMan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Neurocytes should be updated so that they will have axons and dendrites like their real life counterparts. A chosen number of Dendrites will extend a maximum of 30 µm from the cell and the axon will extend 75 µm- including the terminals. The axons will be able to overlap each other which will allow for more complex neural systems in cell lab.
Last edited by CellMan on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glueocytic myocyte

Re: Neurocyte Update

Post by Glueocytic myocyte » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:56 am

I like this idea!

Or, as brick from borderlands would say,
I PUNCH WHAT YOU SAID!
Owner of the fictional greyscale corps.. Any good cells I make goes under greyscale corps.. any good forum cells I find go under greyscale selects.
CellMan

Re: Neurocyte Update

Post by CellMan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Another thing, which I forgot to include in my initial post is that when two neurocytes that are both active at the same time they will form a synapse and a certain amount of time would be chosen by the user which would be the amount of time it takes for the neurons to lose their synapses (each would have their own time) -pressure is also able to break them. When neurons are used repeatedly their synapses would strengthen and their "lifetime" would lengthen by a certain percentage for each use.
Edit:Signal is not treated as a substance diffusing over to another cell but " if neuron x has transmitted substance x fire for 0.2 hours" and so signal is more rapidly transferred over neurons.