Linked genes..?

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Discord

Linked genes..?

Post by Discord » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:39 pm

'Linked genes' means that one gene changes when you try to change another one. This would be useful for evolution. Genes would be able to be linked using twi formulas:
Linear (a x input + b)
Inversely proportional (a / input + b )

Eg.1:
You link all the RGB colors so the cells will always be grey and the evolution won't make ugly colored cells.
Eg.2:
You create a smart swimmer and link flagellocyte's reaction to signal substances (a) to stereocyte's production of signal substances with '1 / input + 0' function so the more is stereocyte's production the less is the reaction of the flagellocyte (the evolution won't break the swimmer)
Eg.2.1
Stereocyte's S1 prod.=5 => Flagellocyte's swim force=0.30
Eg.2.2
Stereocyte's S1 prod.=10 (twice bigger) => Flagellocyte's
swim force=0.15 (twice smaller)
(That was a difficult example, but i think you at least understood how the link works)
Last edited by Discord on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
L (o) L
HumanoidX

Re: Linked genes..?

Post by HumanoidX » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Discord wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:39 pm
'Linnked genes' means that one gene changes when you try to change another one. This would be useful for evolution. Genes would be able to be linked using twi formulas:
Linear (a x input + b)
Inversely proportional (a / input + b )

Eg.1:
You link all the RGB colors so the cells will always be grey and the evolution won't make ugly colored cells.
Eg.2:
You create a smart swimmer and link flagellocyte's reaction to signal substances (a) to stereocyte's production of signal substances with '1 / input + 0' function so the more is stereocyte's production the less is the reaction of the flagellocyte (the evolution won't break the swimmer)
Eg.2.1
Stereocyte's S1 prod.=5 => Flagellocyte's swim force=0.30
Eg.2.2
Stereocyte's S1 prod.=10 (twice bigger) => Flagellocyte's
swim force=0.15 (twice smaller)
(That was a difficult example, but i think you at least understood how the link works)
For a / input + b, you can use negative neuron cell output, but your formula can create nice curve and you can use that formula to make things like gravitational attraction in your petri dish.

EDIT: accidentally typed two "make"
Currently playing with Buoyocytes over the rainbow. :geek:
Discord

Post by Discord » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 am

HumanoidX wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm
For a / input + b, you can use negative neuron cell output, but your formula can create nice curve and you can use that formula to make things like gravitational attraction in your petri dish.

what do you mean by gravitational attraction?

and 'a / input + b' cannot be replaced by 'a * input + b', i tried to do that (maybe i tried badly).
L (o) L
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Discord wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 am
HumanoidX wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm

what do you mean by gravitational attraction?

and 'a / input + b' cannot be replaced by 'a * input + b', i tried to do that (maybe i tried badly).
Because gravity simulations is like when you are nearer from the planet you get more attracted... and most of them use a / input + b (that b is always 0)
Currently playing with Buoyocytes over the rainbow. :geek: