Signal Devices: Basics

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
BiologicRookie456

Signal Devices: Basics

Post by BiologicRookie456 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:12 am

Hi guys! I'm new here and I want to ask, how does signal devices works? I really want to program (o) 's behaviour but I do not understand how. Please share with your skills it will be interesting to read .
WhatTheSillyName

Re: Signal Devices: Basics

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm

You mean something like logic gate or some simple behaviors?

Whatever, I usually use Stemocytes by using the two differentiation channels. To make the creature smarter. Or even saving the modes.
Stereocytes and senseocytes are like eyes. To produce the signal substances. Of course you need to set them correctly. If you don't understand how it work, you can click the parameters, it will pop up an introduction. Or you can try to change every parameters. Remember "Cell Diagnostics" is a helpful tool.
As a reminder, many new players don't know how to use Stereocyte and Senseocyte. It is because they don't know to set color threshold value.

I can talk about how I made the logic gate, one way "nerve", transmitting signals in a very long distance and other things.
RedShift

Post by RedShift » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:55 am

Neurocyte is helpful too, but it's quite difficult to understand unless you know what you are doing.

There are lot of things you can do with Neurocyte, you can Combine different signal substances, convert it to another signal substance or constantly send signal substance. Neurocyte can function as a brain for your organisms.
Have a nice day! :)
BiologicRookie456

Post by BiologicRookie456 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm

WhatTheSillyName wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm
You mean something like logic gate or some simple behaviors?

Whatever, I usually use Stemocytes by using the two differentiation channels. To make the creature smarter. Or even saving the modes.
Stereocytes and senseocytes are like eyes. To produce the signal substances. Of course you need to set them correctly. If you don't understand how it work, you can click the parameters, it will pop up an introduction. Or you can try to change every parameters. Remember "Cell Diagnostics" is a helpful tool.
As a reminder, many new players don't know how to use Stereocyte and Senseocyte. It is because they don't know to set color threshold value.

I can talk about how I made the logic gate, one way "nerve", transmitting signals in a very long distance and other things.
Gee thanks! Now I see what am I doing wrong, I honestly tested your variants and I saw marvelous result!
WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:36 pm

BiologicRookie456 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Gee thanks! Now I see what am I doing wrong, I honestly tested your variants and I saw marvelous result!
You are welcomed.
RedShift wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:55 am
Neurocyte is helpful too, but it's quite difficult to understand unless you know what you are doing.

There are lot of things you can do with Neurocyte, you can Combine different signal substances, convert it to another signal substance or constantly send signal substance. Neurocyte can function as a brain for your organisms.
Neurocyte has many ways to use.
For example, a food-sense Stereocyte is on the right hand side. The creature may have issues when they wants to turn because the left-Flagellocytes cannot receive the same amount of signal substance. Or the Flagellocyte is too far away.
Also, if there are two or more Stereocytes in your creature, the signal input may be mixed together. Just like having many decisions at once. The creature maybe not able to turn around.
Therefore, using Neurocyte can help it to transmit the signal properly(Just like the redstone repeater in Minecraft). Secondly, it can help you to create the priority of signal substance. Usually, each Stereocyte are using other kinds of signal(eg. S1&S2), the Flagellocytes are using S3&S4. The usage and situation can be quite different.
Especially when you are not satisfied with the straight line formula(a*input + b). You want your swimmer can turn and also sprint when the prey is close enough. You can take a look on the Noirmancer's swimmers on YouTube.