Immune Response

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Tarux

Immune Response

Post by Tarux »

This was a little germ of an idea i had a while back, and thus i've decided to follow that idea towards its fruition by producing this organism as a proof of concept (or just for fun either way heh).

So in essence, this is an organism that demonstrates defensive behavior against an intruder, sort of like an immune system.

Normally, this is what it looks like, just sitting there, basking in the warm light:
20200107_201139.jpg

Until it detects a foreign body within its structure, then it begins to rapidly produce devorocytes in order to kill the invader off, while the arms curl up to prevent the intruder from escaping.

It will continue this process until the foreign object has been destroyed, which it will then unfurl its arms and lay spread out relaxed under the sun once more.

You can download the substrate here.

In order to activate the defense mechanism you need to place a red colored cell near its core area.

I would post images showing every stage of its immune response but for some reason things get real strange when i try to put more than 2 image attachments sadly.

I just wanted to share this creation with you all :)
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis!
Oatmeal_01

Re: Immune Response

Post by Oatmeal_01 »

Cool, but easy to over power with any photocytes... Using a lower light level could stop this though, so otherwise, fery cool! : D
Wow I'm so smart! *Sorta does Sorta doesn't know how how Neurocytes work. :? *
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy »

Isn't this already present in the challenge Nervous?
Ahh, summertime!

And now the substrate is covered in photocytes
Als_Destroyer

Post by Als_Destroyer »

How am I supposed to launch it when I click the link it just loads a blank expirement :?
Tarux

Post by Tarux »

Halfway through its creation was when I realized I was basically mirroring Nervous lol :lol:

Consider it to be a remix I guess, I only made this for fun
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis!
MishkaGXYT

Post by MishkaGXYT »

Als_Destroyer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 pm How am I supposed to launch it when I click the link it just loads a blank expirement :?
you know you must put the file to the downloads then play duh
MANFISH

Post by MANFISH »

Nice concept, it's like a predator version of Nervous.
Yahammad

Post by Yahammad »

MishkaGXYT wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:52 am
Als_Destroyer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 pm How am I supposed to launch it when I click the link it just loads a blank expirement :?
you know you must put the file to the downloads then play duh
no you dont
you just need to export it :twisted: :twisted:
(o) + (o) = :D :)
MishkaGXYT

Post by MishkaGXYT »

Lmao sorry about it i was just on some sort of drugs