All about crawlers

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

Re: All about crawlers

Post by C4pung »

Speaking about crawlers that have wings, I just saw an emerald wasp lay its eggs on the head of a cockroach! :o, the cockroach try to crawl away but the wasp pin its head down.

So how about a parasitic crawler that lays it eggs on its host?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST »

Oh dang!good idea and rather than only 'head' how if any body part?
Need Motivation
Tarux

Post by Tarux »

Haha you actually saw that happening?! For the parasitic crawler I don't think it would be that complex, but it would certainly be more complex than taking a parasitic swimmer and replacing it's flagelocytes with myocytes. Great idea tho.
It's been a long, long time.
C4pung

Post by C4pung »

Yeah, it was thrilling to watch! :lol: . It will look cooler if the wasp implant the egg on the host's myocyte so it will look like the prey is struggling (even better using smart crawler by Tragmatis that will run away). But that will be kinda inefficient though because the prey will exhaust its energy and the wasp's egg wouldnt have siphoned enough mass.

Learning crawler would be next in my to do list I think ;)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo »

Crawlers and parasites don't go well together becuase when a Glueocyte creates an adhesin, the Neurocyte will stop oscillating: no more movement.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung »

Oooh so thats what the option of neurocyte is used for?. But why does the option exist though?, like cant you just use the other signal functions or something?.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo »

The amount of substance it needs to produce for oscillation varies depending on how many cells are connected to it and how the overall size of the organism. The option is there because your organism's Neurocyte might connected to two cells, or three, etc.. When you use the Oscillation preset box, it sets the values for the four channels. I'm not sure what your last quesion means.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung »

Oooh ok the values matters too. Then you can disregard the second question because it answered it
Sphaxie

Post by Sphaxie »

bwisialo wrote:Yes, I have a smart biped. What exactly do you want to do?
A 2D biped :lol: wouldn't it be more of a two armed? Because biped is walking upright on two legs.....
The evil signature IT'S TIME TO STOP!!! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST »

MY....MY EYESAA
Need Motivation