Cell Membrane

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Ya boy

Cell Membrane

Post by Ya boy »

So I'm taking a biology class and I used to play on this game a bit so I thought to myself "what if I took some of what I'm learning about and use it in cell lab?" So I tried to make a cell membrane, or at least get as close as I could. I made 2 different versions, one which is more efficient than the other, but both have slightly confusing orders to their construction. (Skip the rest if you want i just go into more detail) :arrow:

The idea was to make a membrane with pores, so i used myocytes to stretch the adhesins between cells when certain color cells came around the pore. I think this could even be built on by having "protein" like organisms stick themselves on between the myocytes and facilitate active transport. Currently, the easiest way to get across both of the membranes is by making ciliocyte smart swimmers that seek out the color of the pore myocytes, but any swimmers can basically get across the membrane as of right now. You can see this in the "Cell with a Nucleus?" substrate, where I have a green swimmer and a red swimmer. The red swimmer is supposed to be the only one that gets through the membrane but the green one also gets through. Oops.
In the substrate "Cell with a Nucleus?" I also tried to illustrate another idea which is to create a type of nucleus, or as close as u could imagine, which is a gamete generator that swimmers could take from and move to other structures inside the cell. I also thought of making a sort of DNA chain that I'm having trouble with in another substrate, someone tell me if that's interesting to them and I'll drop that too.
So I refined this concept a bit and made it more simple in the "Cell of Cells" substrate, so instead of two myocytes and keratinocyte stoppers the cell just has one myocyte, with a more accurate senseocyte (gonna be honest still not 100% on how those work)
I also used stemocytes in this second try, and that eliminated some of the cell modes needed to make the membrane.

:arrow: Anyway I'm sure you seasoned veterans would probably be better equipped to make use of this idea, so have at it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p40x6nm2tftxb ... trate?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0euxvxnc99g12 ... trate?dl=0